Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what kind of differences you've seen in buying this setup. It says that just the head package on a Z6 will produce 170hp/116tq. I just want to know what you think, and about your experiences. I'm about to pick one up, and then I'm on to building the block. I want it DD-able, but looking for 200+whp. LMK what you think, pics, info, input, etc.. Thx fellas.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
200 WHP in an NA dseries is a fantasy

their port job may allow you to make 170WHP but without the righ cam, compression, intake, exhaust and the tune you won't get anywhere near that

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
ive heard mixed reviews on this package, i personally liked it from what ive seen, but a lot of people dislike it...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
iirc, horse power tv did a d16 head swap, back in 99, with one. i think it made like 15 whp for the 5 grand they spent on it. personally, i would pass. if you search there have been 3 or 4 threads with people bitching.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
they don't, just same old crap that has been sitting on the shelves for 12 years.
ah shit you just open a can of worms and started getting bone all worked up. lol.

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
iirc, horse power tv did a d16 head swap, back in 99, with one. i think it made like 15 whp for the 5 grand they spent on it. personally, i would pass. if you search there have been 3 or 4 threads with people bitching.
i remember that episode. it was green and they put an aluminum spoiler and some vinyl graphics on it.:TD:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I am looking at picking one up, and it seems to be pretty bad ass, but I'm not used to SOHCs, so IDK. What would the recommendations of this board be?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
as much as I liked HPTV, I never saw the Gude ep.

Now if your were/ARE a ZEX person you might have seen Matt Patrick do a few shows PUSHING the ZEX products :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts