Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anyone has ever heard of or used SI valves stainless steel valves before, i just bought a set for 75 for all 16 for and a6 head and they look to be pretty good they have under cut stems and are swirl polised, just looking for reviews or info on quality

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think Rushi used them and said they were cheap but needed a lot of work before they were worthy of installing in his engine.
thanks for the heads up do you remember any of the issues that he had, and by my calculations they wernt the cheapest they cost 248 plus shipping for the ones that i got. mine look pretty good but i havent done any thing with installing yet, they have under cut stems and swirl polished right from the get go

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
thanks for the heads up do you remember any of the issues that he had, and by my calculations they wernt the cheapest they cost 248 plus shipping for the ones that i got. mine look pretty good but i havent done any thing with installing yet, they have under cut stems and swirl polished right from the get go
248? Where did you buy them? I know if you buy directly from them, they're quite a bit cheaper. I paid just under 200. BTW when you install them, spin them by hand against the seat before you put the springs on. That way you can see if their are any bent ones. I had 1 that was bent. The valve seat was even cut crooked. They did send a new one out though for free.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
248? Where did you buy them? I know if you buy directly from them, they're quite a bit cheaper. I paid just under 200. BTW when you install them, spin them by hand against the seat before you put the springs on. That way you can see if their are any bent ones. I had 1 that was bent. The valve seat was even cut crooked. They did send a new one out though for free.
i bought mine for 75 for the set of 16 they are the performance series ones rpm machine lists them for 15.50 per valve so idk it dont matter to me i think i got a good deal regardless
you would need to find his thread to find out what he didnt like about them. sorry. i think it was on one cam only.
thanks danz ill have to search on oco im sure its in one of his build threads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts