Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a turbo d16z6 that i plan on pushing to its limits but i went with the gude head package and full race regrind for 20+ psi and im wondering if anyone has had experience with that cam or one similar. its 75.05mm bore sleeved with 9:5.1 comp arias pistons

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Stay far away from any Gude cam, there lobes like to dissapear eventually.

I would look into Delta, Comp, etc for a turbo cam.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
i have a turbo d16z6 that i plan on pushing to its limits but i went with the gude head package and full race regrind for 20+ psi and im wondering if anyone has had experience with that cam or one similar. its 75.05mm bore sleeved with 9:5.1 comp arias pistons
please esplain mang. I would go delta as well. 272-2 for the turbo love. or a 282 depending on your power goals. whats your redline going to be as a stage 2 cam is not good for over 8 grand on the powerband. at least thats what I've heard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So no go then. I heard good things about blox turbo cams.ive never heard of delta though..my little bro has he bisi 3.9 how about that. Im not sure how much power i can make im running a 65mm tb and performer x intake with 1000cc rochesters and a second rail with 330s just in case. Full race ramhorn with 44mm tial. Skunk2 valves and supertech springs and retainers. G E hd sleeves scat rods ported head. Arp mainstuds line honed and balanced bottom end.cometic gasket and arp head studs. I on a 60-1 70a/r intake and .63 stage 5 exhaust t3. im planning on 28 psi and a healthy shot ti keep it going.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ya, it sounds like you want a big cam.
this is delta Home
he is a member on this site. id try them and see what they have.
bisimoto has good cams, but ive read that some people dont like there customer service anymore.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Gude is a bad word, just like JG, yeah I said it.
So is Bisi
ya, it sounds like you want a big cam.
this is delta Home
he is a member on this site. id try them and see what they have.
bisimoto has good cams, but ive read that some people dont like there customer service anymore.
there customer service is garbage now and the quality has gone down. The guys over at delta are top notch. With those mods I'd recommend a 282-2 which is essentially a Bisi 3.9 but without the ridiculous cost. Plus delta grinds in house whereas bisi sends his to web cams for his work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i would second delta quicker turn around and less money. also if you have a problem you can reach somebody not be told call web cams and the run around

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never got a regrind on my a6, so I don't have much personal preference. But I've read a lot of bad things from Gud,JG, and now Bisi. I've only heard bad things from delta back in a thread from 2005 but they have got way better. And I've read their customer service and product is awesome. Also it'd be good to rep a Site Sponsor :TU:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All personal opinions aside id like the know facts. Customer service is the last thing on my mind. I want to know what the pros use .what is speed factory using. I know bisi has passed the 700 whp mark with his cam.i dont have a crazy port like his but i know the cam is pretty imortant when you are trying to hit the 600 mark.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All personal opinions aside id like the know facts. Customer service is the last thing on my mind. I want to know what the pros use .what is speed factory using. I know bisi has passed the 700 whp mark with his cam.i dont have a crazy port like his but i know the cam is pretty imortant when you are trying to hit the 600 mark.
Then, I would call Delta. Tell them my goals, powerband, use ect. and watch them work their magic! 8)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Customer service will be the first thing on your mind when that Bisi 3.9 cam isn't to spec and he wont do anything about it. Its a fact that Bisi's quality has been suffering more and more lately. Delta fo sho.

·
Registered
64 Posts
in the end customer service should not be a problem because you should be getting what you pay for anyway. bisi needs to step his game back up fame and shit aint everything when you have ppl at your head

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.