Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Searched for both on the net, no such thing apparently. I was just taking a look at the sprocket to verify TDC for the crank and noticed the oil pump wasn't stock. At least...in my newbie-impaired eyes it ain't.

Also, wtf is with the white dot? There is another one on the other side of the sprocket washer, and since cylinders 2 and 3 are near TDC right now I assume the alignment is TDC for cylinders 1 and 4. I thought the arrow was the TDC marker. If the oil pump isn't stock then perhaps the arrow isn't right for a D16Y7?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Never, but LOL at "YOtec"!!! I can just see it now, "hey, what motor do you have?" "Its a JDM D15B YOTEC" ".....WTF?"

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never, but LOL at "YOtec"!!! I can just see it now, "hey, what motor do you have?" "Its a JDM D15B YOTEC" ".....WTF?"
Lol yeah, I was thinking if my engine threw a rod (which I hope will NEVER happen) I could at least say "Yotec, piece out!" :p

i have a d17 oil pump and its a yotec also so its just a stock pump
Ah good, don't want to complicate the build process with a questionable oil pump...what about the white dot...am I be trippin' on the TDC?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
I'd be worried if I was you! Your pump has a orange bolts, white dot and green line....that spells disaster!

J/k, its fine. Just as long as you use the arrow and not the dots or lines you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be worried if I was you! Your pump has a orange bolts, white dot and green line....that spells disaster! [AAAAAH! :runs around like a newb with his head cut off: I knew I should have gotten the Vtak!]

J/k, its fine. Just as long as you use the arrow and not the dots or lines you'll be fine.
the washer is not indexed to the crank in any way. Spin the washer, you'll see.
Well that's a relief. I had a bit of a panic attack when I realized the washer was moving independently of the sprocket. Tried to put it back as close to the original position. :p

LOL thats the old mark the timing belt with white paint lines inorder to retime it...
line the key way up with the arrow. that should be TDC.
Ah, thanks for the help guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts