Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the top says has anybody ran 10psi on stock pump my friend wants to do this but I tell him not to even I am runing a walbro 255 on 8psi just to be on the safe side.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Yes people do it all the time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm running the stock pump on my setup w/ DSM 450's and it seems ok at this point ~14psi. I want to upgrade it but at least for the short term the pump should handle it fine.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i've remember reading somewhere that the stock pumps can support up to 300 whp on 450-550 ish injectors. have never try'd it though. just stick in the upgraded one and be done with it....

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
stock pump, 8psi on a 13T, 450s for 2years daily driven. no problems

-Luke

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
He can run the stock pump, but I would just spend the extra $100 or so and get a walbro to be on the safe side...
well either way, the stock pump can handle 10psi no problem.

you say ONLY $100, but have you changed the pump on a CRX? its not an "easy" job considering you have to drop the tank. depending on his chassis, it may not be worth the extra effort when the stocker will suffice

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Just remember that you need larger injectors and a means to control them (tuning) if you stay with the stock pump.
DO NOT USE A STOCK PUMP WITH A RISING RATE FMU AT 10 PSI...

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
stock pumps are good for close to 300hp, but would i trust one at that level? no

ive ran my stock pump up to 15psi on my t3 without issues though
X2 i ran stock pump up to 14 16psi spike on my z1 block...

i wouldnt trust it for more then 200whp tho

·
Registered
692 Posts
255lph pumps are ONLY 75bux SHIPPED for xenocron.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
stock sohc at 10psi is no problem with a stock pump, when you push more then 250whp or anything build consider a 255

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Only reason I only change pumps is because my pump is almost as old as I am.One less thing to worry about.

I did have my stocker up to 12 psi for awhile,normally 8 psi daily

1 - 20 of 26 Posts