Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys i really want to do something to my ecu and want to know if anybody has ever done that before.. i want to activate my vtech at 2000 and no speed limits.

thanks

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Yeah hittin vtec daily driving. Hondata reflashes? I thought they were all about chips...What exactly is reflashing the ecu, I've read about chipping and what not and understand that, its the reflash I don't. My buddy has a wrx and got his reflashed whats the differences? Do they have a eprom and just reburn?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No they don't reflash the actual d17 ecu, they reflash (sorta, it's actually a daughterboard) a k-series ecu that is available for the d17. Technically speaking, a reflash is actually reprogramming the factory ecu. Some manufacturers can do this, others can't. Ford ECU's for instance can be reprogrammed to an extent. Honda ECU's (the older ones) were chipped which basically over rides all the factory programming and allows you to do it yourself.

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex
244 Posts
Vtec at 2000rpm? What are you thinking?
Having it enabled at such a low rpm will cause your engine to bog down... I would only recommend making it engage at 4300rpm

Good luck if you have it engaged that low :dots:

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Having it enabled at such a low rpm will cause your engine to bog down... I would only recommend making it engage at 4300rpm

Good luck if you have it engaged that low :dots:
... this info is wrong...

a D17A2 only has 12 lobes on its camshaft and its vtec e engages at 2700 rpm then making it run on 16. moving that point around wont do shit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow.. thats a good info.. I did notice that vtec on d17 engage faster. I didnt know it was 2700rpm... Old D-series civics engage aroud 3500-4500rpm.. there's a Hondata dealer here but this guy is nuts... he wants $2200 for the hondata ecu and camshaft.. is that a good price? it sound freaking crazy to me. I can do so much with $2200.. anybody knows about a better price on a d17?

Originally Posted by Dangles

Good luck if you have it engaged that low

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again...this is why 7th gen owners don't get any respect..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i thought any and all d17 "vtecs" were vtec-e??? maybe just disable the vtec system somehow so that it always runs 16v instead of switching from 12-16v?

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
there is so much bs in this thread that it isnt funny
if you dont know something nobody is going to make fun f you for NOT posting help... but when you spread misinformation thats not cool at all

the d17's are nothing like the previous d15/16's... ESPECIALLY when it comes to ecu's
as far as i know its either kpro or aem.. THATS IT for the d17's.. you dont have crome, ectune, etc....

lowering your vtec honestly isnt going to do anything for you but more than likely make your car slower and disabling the speed limiter... why??? you shouldnt be going any faster than what its set at with your car anyways

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Wow.. thats a good info.. I did notice that vtec on d17 engage faster. I didnt know it was 2700rpm... Old D-series civics engage aroud 3500-4500rpm.. there's a Hondata dealer here but this guy is nuts... he wants $2200 for the hondata ecu and camshaft.. is that a good price? it sound freaking crazy to me. I can do so much with $2200.. anybody knows about a better price on a d17?
Yeah. Get a hold of Jeff Evans at Evans Tuning. You shouldn't pay more than $1200 for the setup if you provide Jeff with the ECU. Last I knew, he was running a deal where you got kpro and the cam gear, an EBCS, and a 4-bar MAP sensor for right around $1350. Of course the last two are only good if you're going to boost. Bottom line is no matter who you go with, $1200 for kpro+cam gear (not counting the ECU) is the most you should pay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts