Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
3m makes filler for plastic that you can bend the fuck out of and it wont crack, or flake off.
ya i know ive used it....you will always see a repair on plastic no matter what....

and its very easy to fuck up the process for that plastic repair, its easier to plastic weld/fill the low spot with a zip tie; not to mention a better quality repair

·
Registered
139 Posts
plastic.
you can use filler on bumpers and make them look great, it just takes skill (and the correct filler).
I imagine that you could find a replacement bumper for pretty cheap tho.

my buddy is a body man and Ive seen him do some amazing things, but he has 15+ years experience fixing hard hits, so he makes stuff look easy.

·
Registered
stock sedan
1,460 Posts
no bondo on bumpers or plastic it will flake off

sand out the marks on bumper or get a new one
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not true!

i used to work at a bodyshop and I am a certified ppg and nexa autocolor painter and i've seen this done on a daily basis. plus our shop offered a lifetime warranty on all repairs, its all about how you prep the plastic.

but i would not suggest using bondo brand body filler. you should use a flexible polyester filler, or Fusor brand plastic repair. Either one of these should be available at any local automotive paint supply store where you are.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts