Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to setup and A11 pin for boost by gear and I noticed there there already is a pin in the conversion harness. Do I completely de-pin the wire from both ends and set it up there?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
What chassis? What ecu? what conversion harness? Where are you getting the A11 information (just confirming hopefully)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Do you have these items?

And have you seen this?

PREP

INSTALL

Since A11 is EGR, it is probably wired only in the conversion harness.

You would be better off taking the OBD1 ecu plugs off the conversion harness and PINNING them directly to your OBD2A engine harness.

This will not only help you understand the wiring better, but remove a failure point.

The cheap ebay conversion harnesses are generally pieces of shit that fall apart.

Repinning the harness will allow you to personally check each and every pin and wire connection. I generally see bad crimps, and sometimes have even seen 2-3 strands of wire actually making contact, then immediately burning out and the connection failing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have these items?

And have you seen this?

PREP

INSTALL

Since A11 is EGR, it is probably wired only in the conversion harness.

You would be better off taking the OBD1 ecu plugs off the conversion harness and PINNING them directly to your OBD2A engine harness.

This will not only help you understand the wiring better, but remove a failure point.

The cheap ebay conversion harnesses are generally pieces of shit that fall apart.

Repinning the harness will allow you to personally check each and every pin and wire connection. I generally see bad crimps, and sometimes have even seen 2-3 strands of wire actually making contact, then immediately burning out and the connection failing.
Yeah I installed the components myself. so which end do I depin on the harness and how do i go about doing that. because for right now I just need to get the boost by gear working and ill clean stuff up later.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
well, sounds like you are OBD2A engine harness >> conversion harness >> OBD1 ecu right?

Take the conversion ecu plugs and put them on the OBD2A harness

You will need a 0.8 or 1.0mm precision flathead screwdriver and some patience.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, sounds like you are OBD2A engine harness >> conversion harness >> OBD1 ecu right?

Take the conversion ecu plugs and put them on the OBD2A harness

You will need a 0.8 or 1.0mm precision flathead screwdriver and some patience.
Gotcha, so I couldnt de pin thst a11 pin thats already there and splice it to the solenoid?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Check the OBD2A side to see if it is even populated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts