Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to start I am from the car audio scene and have built alot of audio setups even ones upward of 7krms. I am currenlt on an audio team and a sales rep for soundsolutionsaudio anyway I recetly got into the import scene and picked up an EG hatch with a d16y7 with a swapped head and a p28 new flywheel and a stage 2 clutch. Nothing fancy.. swamp comming later.

I am almost positive it is obd1 now i am not sure how to check and on another note the vtec is currently not hooked up. As i examine more it seems the harness that is currently in the car is vtec ready but the harness that plugs into the vtec selinoid is on the oppisite side of the motor.

question is how do i check if im obd1 or obd2 second how am i sure if it is the right harness

car does run fine just no vtec

·
Registered
77 Posts
welll as for obd1- obd2
obd2 started in 1996 and later models
you have obd1 which is nice
as for vtec what model hatch is it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welll as for obd1- obd2
obd2 started in 1996 and later models
you have obd1 which is nice
as for vtec what model hatch is it ?
92 dx pretty sure it is not the stock motor... from what the previous owner said it was rebuilt and he said the clips in the back wich are the ones i am talking about are the vtec harnesses although they are on the wrong side of the manifold.

second is the vtec solenoid the only light bluish clip? he also said this is not the stock head it was swapped although i am not positive what head it is although i do know its a vtec head lol:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts