Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
A little homework on your part would have went a long ways my friend, urethane and hardened rubber mounts transmit vibration says the guy who's never run them (yet) but reads things

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Also I am with CaliNoob on this, they are called HardRace mounts, that alone should tell you something. If want you can reduce vibrations by replacing the rear mount with a new OEM one or get a ATI super damper pulley, that would cut down on alot of the idle vibrations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little homework on your part would have went a long ways my friend, urethane and hardened rubber mounts transmit vibration says the guy who's never run them (yet) but reads things
I read this from the manufacturer before I bought them:

"These Hardrace Motor Mounts will reduce your engine movement significantly, compound with high anti-vibration and durometer rubber material to reduce engine movement. These mounts will not shake your vehicle's parts loose like those Polyurethane mounts. They are designed for performance, but without giving up 100% of the comfort comparing to poly mounts. If you are tired of the extreme vibration because of poly mounts, these Hardrace mounts maybe just what you need."

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Take your dash apart and put every bolt back with o'rings or rubber washers on each side. This should eliminate that.

How bad are the vibrations at say 70-80mph? If they aren't bad at those speeds then those are good mounts.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Did you read anything from anybody that had used them? Because you can give up 95% of the comfort "without giving up 100% of the comfort". Just saying man, these are known to transmit the vibes, which is fine if you really want to counter wheel hop in your race-like car but aren't ideal for the comfort minded daily driver.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you read anything from anybody that had used them? Because you can give up 95% of the comfort "without giving up 100% of the comfort". Just saying man, these are known to transmit the vibes, which is fine if you really want to counter wheel hop in your race-like car but aren't ideal for the comfort minded daily driver.
I feel ya on the 95%. I would have gone with poly mounts had I known these wouldn't be any better.

I see a traction bar and factory mounts in my future. :bigok:

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Riddle us this: Why will you not do your homework?

And here's a freebie, Energy Suspensions main mount is a 2 piece design that is tricky to install and can be a point of failure, you basically rely on zip ties to hold it together. Once again, never used them, just know...

I feel ya on the 95%. I would have gone with poly mounts had I known these wouldn't be any better.

I see a traction bar and factory mounts in my future. :bigok:
You already have the best mounts you can get for your car, why not try and replace just the rear main mount with an oem and see it how goes from there like Beerdrinkin suggested?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Riddle us this: Why will you not do your homework?
I read every thread I could find regarding the mounts. Too bad nobody mentioned they are no better than poly mounts in the vibes department.

The amount of engine movement doesn't justify the vibes these things produce. Shit product.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,012 Posts
shit costumer is what it sounds like. any upgraded rubber over oem is going to transfer vibrations. do what has been recommended twice, use an oem rubber mount in the back. actually trade them for solid billet and enjoy them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
shit costumer is what it sounds like. any upgraded rubber over oem is going to transfer vibrations. do what has been recommended twice, use an oem rubber mount in the back. actually trade them for solid billet and enjoy them.
You just turned up the douche factor all the way to 11.

gonna get rid of these shit mounts and get a traction bar. :D

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Right? I mean, he's even been told how he might be able to remedy his blues, would still rather call the best mounts in the industry crap and spend a ton of money undoing an otherwise worthy upgrade so he can add a traction bar which may or may not help his situation...

What else can we do but laugh?

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I didn't buy solid mounts, chief.
FarmerD is a site titan and forgotten more about these things then you will likely ever know. Your attitude is like arrogance fucked a noob and you are the spawn, time to stop talking and start listening if you want to learn something. If you are not here to learn, leave.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts