Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble starting my car (d15b1) in the morning, i live in Puerto Rico so no cold climate here. after a couple of try's and seconds of continuously cranking the engine it slowly comes to life but very weak... then all normal! i can go anywhere turn it on and off as many times as i want but if i leave it sit for couple of hours it does the same thing. the fuel filter is new, new spark plugs and wires, no clicking sound from the starter, battery is like 3 months old and the cranking sounds normal.

it all started last week after i drove on some heavy rains.

what do you guys think?
(you guys always help me out and give great information, thank you.)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
compression check for weak/gummed up rings, cheap gas will cause them to stick and engine spins over fast, then starts hitting on one cylinder and hopefully others until it clears its throat and blows the junk out.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,024 Posts
check cap and rotor for moisture

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
compression check for weak/gummed up rings, cheap gas will cause them to stick and engine spins over fast, then starts hitting on one cylinder and hopefully others until it clears its throat and blows the junk out.
one question, can this cause the engine to completely stop when cranking?
cause that happened this morning but it started after some try's.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it over night, in the morning see how long it takes to build full pressure. If you see it drop off quickly the check valve in the pump could be bad. Also pull off the vacuum line from the fpr, if the diaphram is torn it can loose pressure out the port.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
one question, can this cause the engine to completely stop when cranking?
cause that happened this morning but it started after some try's.
sounds like either you starter/battery is bad or low on charge or for some reason the spark is firing when the piston is coming up on tdc, timing is too advanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts