Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is getting hard to put into first and i know clutch is fine along with tran so looked at clutch slave cylinder and it looks like its leaking alittle. tom gonna look by clutch petal and see if there is a leak but yea you guys think its the clutch slave cylinder or clutch master clylinder?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You said it yourself: the slave cylinder is leaking a little..

Leaking a little is a little too much. Replace it and bleed the clutch!

I had the same thing happen to me a few days after I had my clutch replaced.. noticed a puddle of oil on the driveway, then it was tough to put in 1st gear.. Checked the resevoir and it was almsot dry.. Topped it off and bled it down, then made sure it stayed almost full for the next couple of days until I could replace it.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was jsut making sure. This suck the money i spend is monmey i don't plan on spending.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bro.. that's the way it usually works out. Welcome to my world! :sadface:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i need to just bleed system and then put the new one on and then fill back up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you change the slave you might as well change the master since most of the time if you change one or the other it causes the old one's seal to break down faster due to the increased pressure that the old tired one's are not use to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts