Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what this may be from. Sometimes when I try to put into reverse or first its a little hard to get it into gear. And since im going turbo in like 2 weeks I was thinking i had better get this taken care of.

97 y8

Thanks guys
:beer:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know its still early but please help me out guys

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well sometimes 1st and reverse are a little sketchy to get into. Make sure your clutch free play is adjusted properly. I wouldnt worry as long as everything else is working fine.

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
extolex2000 said:
I was wondering what this may be from. Sometimes when I try to put into reverse or first its a little hard to get it into gear. And since im going turbo in like 2 weeks I was thinking i had better get this taken care of.

97 y8

Thanks guys
:beer:
I'd say this is probably normal, sometimes my reverse popps back out when i start to let the clutch out. And for me first and second are a bit stiff. Perhaps there's some way to lubricate the shift linkages? I know the overall stiffness is from the transmission, but lubricating the linkages ought to make things a bit smoother and easier.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
if adjusting and bleeding the clutch do not work you could try changing the tranny fluid and getting a shift stabilzer kit. i had a similar problem. did these things and it works much better. also energy motor mount inserts help too. good luck man. :)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fellas, I just bought the motor mounts and I will have the fluid changed out. Also have it all lubed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts