Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this problem is getting over baring now i have the bosch 1000 cc id injectors for about 3months now and ever since i installed them i noticed difficulty starting after the car has warm up.
Before the car would usually start on the second try and now im guessing its warmer weather now everytime i drive the car and say i run to the store or something when im ready to start and drive off it wouldnt start now it has to cool down sometimes have me waiting 45 mins to 1 hr before it would start back up.
I have s300 can someone help me with this please how do i set it up i guess with the cranking fuel to help this problem im having

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Sounds like a main relay issue. Try replacing the main relay to see if that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My shit does that too, im tuned on crome. It's a huge pain in the ass but I can usually start it if I disconnect the relay box, then plug it back in and try again. Doesn't always work tho.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same problem but with ectune. Had to adjust the "start up map". Once I did that it starts instantly every time.
Soooooo i was looking at the fuel trim in the s300 and its at 0% for cranking fuel and 0% fpr throttle position

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you're tuning it yourself, you're just going to have to test and tune awhile and find what works. I use Crome and had the same problem. Found it was adding too much fuel while cranking and post crank after engine was warm. Adjusted fuel trim down for engine coolant in the 160+ range and now it starts great every time. Intake air temperature fuel settings could be off a little as well. But adjusting that will affect your overall tune.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like a tuning issue. When the engine is cold, it requires more fuel to start. Once its warm, that extra fuel is no longer necessary and if not taken out, can flood the motor causing it not to start, among other things.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
late response i kept increasing the cranking fuel in increments of 5 until it started, now the cranking fuel is at 45 starts up everytime now :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts