Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this type of thing so bear with me a bit. I own a Honda Civic 2000sedan maufactured in Singapore. Problem is I put in a foreign used transmission which went up and worked perfectly. I drove the car about 15km then switched off at the gas station, since then "headache." The mechanics have checked the fuel pressure, the external coil, the distributor, plugs and found nothing amiss. The ECU I sent to England for testing and they said it's working perfectly. Can the next place to pry be the wiring, electrical harnesses or should I head in another direction maybe a sensor. Know we got a few experts on board. Need some advice besides matches and kerosene.

PS. Substitute ECU start the car repetitively and when the original ECU is cleared the car starts immediately, however restarting is a problem. Car works good one minute and doesn't on the next tumble. Going grey

Thanks
Marlon Lee
Midnight Motors

·
Banned
443 Posts
A 2000 Civic with an external coil? That's completely alien to anything that the majority of this forum has any experience with, being 95% Americans.

If you can give your country of origin, trim level of the vehicle, etc, I can see if one of the ESMs I have has a wiring diagram in order to verify that what I tell you to check indeed exists on your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts