Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major pain in da ass from my car hard staring, ever since i got my turbo done. I know for a fact that the pumpp is new (walbro), and I even swapped out another regualtor, to test. And it has a brand new main relay.
It only hard starts long sittings, or whenever it hassn't been run. I thought it was the bkre7s but i put in the stock ones and it was the same.
Anyone ever had this? could my new walbro be bad? is my cold start too rich?
Any thoughts would be great..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Do a fuel pressure leakdown test. cycle the ignition a few times to build up fuel pressure (with a guage hooked up) and see if the pressure drops while sitting. If it does then you have a leak somewhere. I think the check valve is built into the pressure regulator. One way around it is to cycle the key a few times before starting the car.

OR you have the opposite problem. A cold start flood. Which in this case I have o ask what ^^ he posted. What size injectors?

T

·
0 Posts
Very valid point..

..but, depending on "how" hard it is to start.. like it takes an extra second or two of cranking could just be attributed to larger injector size. Bigger injectors, more mass to move, harder to start. ::shrug::

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they are 450 cc injectors, i have swapped regulators with a known good one, that was stock,(can't throw the tune off). I was hoping for my tuner to take some fuel out of the cold start, since if i step on the gas a little it helps it go smoother.
Normally when it hasnt been sitting, it will fire as soon as the starter engages a lot better than when even it was NA and not tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts