Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 hatch
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 91 civic with a d16. currently its hard to start and misfires horribly.
just recently purchased it, ran ok, then started missing, so i changed the fuel filter... no difference, shortly after that, it wouldn't start and i was getting fuel but no spark... replaced cap,rotor, ignition coil and icm. after that.. it still wasn't getting spark... however... shortly after it did start to get spark and would run but misfire horribly. i was trying to check for trouble codes. but the computer either blinks 9 repeatedly blinks 20 repeatedly or will not blink at all... the 20 repeatedly is after jumpering the pin. the 9 was before trying to jumper it. and after disconnecting the batter it generally doesn't blink for a while. any way to test the computer? any ideas?

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
9 is your CYP.....

I've got the same code. Mine doesn't idle correctly and will sometimes "buck". Takes longer to start and turn off.

Run some diagnostics on your Dizzy (distributor). It's different on your vehicle but there are 2 pins that you can check the resistance across.

Sounds like dizzy to me...

Good luck! I still need to take time to fix mine!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts