Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX DX
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up DSO? I just recently bought this Pittsburgh jack through harbor freight for my engine swap, it was only $90 with a coupon. I brought it home, got it out of the box and immediately put it to work. I have complete faith in this jack lifting my car. The jack itself weighs 75 pounds and goes from 2.5 inches to 20 inches high. It has the "rapid pump" system so it goes from full rest to maxed out in 5 pumps. I definitely recommend getting this jack. All the powder coating on the jack is well done, and all the hardware was tight right out of the box, I used this jack to lift the car up to pull the engine out from under it. It even has the little port so you can add hydraulic fluid whenever it needs to be serviced.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353605.357477.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353623.851270.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353639.375237.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1386353651.013974.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I got an older version of the HF 2.5 ton low profile jack. Bought around 4 years ago. Single piston but I have abused the hell out of that thing. The frame is bent a little on mine but still works like a champ, I am just extra careful when using it these days. I plan to replace it though. Good pickup!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I believe I have an older one bought it used for $30ish works great. Wanna buy a 2nd one. Have used it to pull motors aswell and it works fine

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I have this jack and its great!

anyone reading this, dont buy the cheap "racing" jack for 40 bucks, just buy this one and your good to go

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I also bought mine about 4 years ago and it still works flawlessly! Plan on getting the 3 ton rapid pump for the heavier vehicles that I take care of.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
The racing jack is really only for jacking up the car at the track to swap wheels.

This jack on the other hand, is way too heavy for that type of shit. Looks pretty decent for the cash!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this jack and the rapid pump action stopped working after a couple of months and I didn't use it much. Now to late to exchange it but still works fine but takes longer to jack up stuff

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
^^^ you can still have it replaced, just ask them to let you buy a warranty for it...
they should just charge you $20 or whatever the two year warranty cost is...

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
I've never had good luck in terms of longevity with lightweight aluminum jacks in general. My steel low profile HF jack (the orange one 4door pictured) has served me extremely well over the last 3 years or so.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I have this jack myself and i love it! Freaking beast mode! I paid about $80 on mine when it on sale

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
i know its an old thread but i did wonder about these ive been contemplating about HF products over a few months now i got some good info i will post on here i learned from my co-worker who does intensive research before buying anything anywhere just out of his insurance.
HF is actually pretty good, read their FINE print about where their products come from. I was surprised!

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I got the orange one in that pic. It is definitely showing it's age now after 4 years of abuse. But still has the strength to lift cars as heavy as my '62 Tbird, just gotta be extra careful now when using it. It has definitely paid for itself after all that use. I'm due for a replacement and will most likely go with another HF low pro jack. Too bad Costco doesn't sell that Arcan 3.5xl for $100. That thing is a freaking steal at that price, plus a lot of great reviews over at garagejournal.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
i have the blue one in this picture and it works perfect, my dad gave it to me so you cant beat free. i have never had a problem with it and i have had it about 2 years now, its way better than my steel craftsman lowpro jack i had and it fits under my car that is dumped on function and form type 2

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Just bought the blue aluminum one pictured (smaller of the 2 1.5 ton HF jacks) and LOVE it. Got it for $65 on sale. It's the only jack I can slide under my car without issue. (one-half-finger gap in front, two in back)

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Just bought the 3 ton low pro jack today it works wonders!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i have the blue one in this picture and it works perfect, my dad gave it to me so you cant beat free. i have never had a problem with it and i have had it about 2 years now, its way better than my steel craftsman lowpro jack i had and it fits under my car that is dumped on function and form type 2
I have the arcan from costco and its the same exact jack as this. I would not be surprised if these two are just re-labed from the same company

1 - 19 of 19 Posts