Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My hand brake seen to have some issue. Whenever I tried to pull my hand brake even to max, my car does not seen to be lock. The car will jus roll forward or backwards depending on what kind of slope I am on. I have tried changing the two cable wire, apparently it does not seen to help. So I intending to change my rear rotor (it has been skimmed before) with brand new one (brembo blank) and do a servicing on my rear caliper. Hopefully with that, it can help to solve my issue. Otherwise, can any kind soul provide me with some clue or answer to my issue, thank you.

simple

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hand Brake not engaging.

I have a 91 civic and the hand brake only engages one brake on mine. I had to go to the inside of the brake assembly. there is a slot to reach thru and adjust the clearance of the shoes. After I adjusted it I had a hand brake.

Do you have the handbrake that engages both rear brakes? I had never seen a single wheel handbrake until mine.

The cable is definitely suspect as some people really pull on that lever. I had to rig another tensioner on my Pathfinder as the cable was stretched and I did not have the money to replace.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
My '92 VX HB might have only a single cable, but then again I haven't checked into it... But use the clutch in relation to the grade of the hill, that will help. In fact, one time I just accidentally just used the clutch (left it in reverse on a down-grade) to hold the car in place and it held fine for a 8 hr work day... Just don't do what I did ! LOL

·
Registered
335 Posts
if u take the center console off look where the cables attach to the e-brake laver there is like a 12 or 14mm nut. get a socket or ratcheting wrench and tighten that nut. then u'll have an e-brake again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts