Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i've searched but have not been able to find to much info on using a Haltech PS1000 in my 92 eg y8 turbo build. has anybody used Haltech i know its not as popular in the honda community as it is with Toyota & Nissan. I have the complete universal harness with fuse box wiring the car is not an issue for me im more stuck on a possible coil on plug setup.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Very experienced with Haltech, and yes it will work with his car. Coil on plug with that ecu is simple. I recommend using "smart" coils so you can eliminate the need for a seperate igniter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should first check that Haltech will support the PS1000 installed in your car. They don't list it as such.
they don't direct support it as in plug and play but they have a universal harness that you can basically wire for anything it's just up to you to set the ecu up after that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very experienced with Haltech, and yes it will work with his car. Coil on plug with that ecu is simple. I recommend using "smart" coils so you can eliminate the need for a seperate igniter.
great do you have anymore info on setting up and the wiring for the coils

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Can ya elaborate on these "smart" coils?

D17 COP count?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Can ya elaborate on these "smart" coils?

D17 COP count?
Smart coils have igniters built in to them. They require three or four wires. "Dumb" coils, on the other hand require external igniters and will have 2 wires.

D17 coils are smart.

OP, I've used a few Haltechs and they are good. The trigger setup can be a bit painful sometimes. Once you have those settings right, the rest of the stuff is quite nice.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Find the pinout for the coil
Set up a power circuit for all coils parallel using fuse and relay
Ground the coils to the head
Wire the triggers to the haltech's ignition output pins
Change the ignition type in the software to falling, constant charge, and start with 2ms dwell assuming you'll be using D17 coils.

My advice is get the car running first before doing the COP conversion. Number one mistake I see people make with project cars is changing too many things at once without a solid plan on bringing it together.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
My advice is get the car running first before doing the COP conversion. Number one mistake I see people make with project cars is changing too many things at once without a solid plan on bringing it together.
One of the best piece's of advice I have seen on here honestly.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Used this on a Hyundai Genesis 2014. Made good power like 450whp! Stock engine other than a turbo and exhaust. Cop worked fine, listen to the Albertan. He knows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find the pinout for the coil
Set up a power circuit for all coils parallel using fuse and relay
Ground the coils to the head
Wire the triggers to the haltech's ignition output pins
Change the ignition type in the software to falling, constant charge, and start with 2ms dwell assuming you'll be using D17 coils.

Great info I understand your advice with getting it running first but my issue is I have the universal haltech harness with the relay box so I would have to wire it for distributor then rewire it again for cop

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found the solution aem epm instead of using the sensors in the distributor, d17 valve cover & coils very easy setup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts