Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i am installing a set of HID hi/lo, and i have to find the factory lamp connector socket...can anyone tell me where to find it in the car...i cant find it...picture would be a plus...lol...it's a 2000 civic dx

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
yea, just pull the black plug off the back of the headlight by pressing the tabs on either side and your golden.

for the hid kit, if it's plug and play, you just plug into your stock harness and mount the ballast. wham bam thank you ma'am!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, it's not the plug that is directly on the bulb...it's the main one, the factory halogen lamp connector socket

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok here is the thing...i called honda and they said that i have to split the wires from the HID to the ones where I used to plug in the regular lights up-front. I have 3 wires from the HID kit and 3 from the stock wiring...makes sence...I have a white, blue and red/orange from my HID kit...which one goes where on the stock wires?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh man...you should have gotten a plug and play kit. That way all you have to is unplug the car harness and plug that into the harness that came with your hid kit.

But since you have this one, look at the manual that came with your kit. What does each color correspond to? Which one is ground, low beam, and hi beam? Also did it come with a relay harness to connect it to the battery?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts