Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
remember, this is a mock up on the piping, so its not perfect

I mounted the intercooler using the 2 mounting points and 2 bolts. I drilled 2 holes in the bumper support........mounted really good :TU:

The piping has been a pain in the ass. i only finished one side because i dont have the turbo mounted yet and i dont want to estimate. You can kind of see where the piece of pipe between the bov and the IM is kind of crooked, but ill readjust it later after i get the piping ends flared..

the bumper is cut to fit....that took a while. It is only cit to fit with the IC, not the piping. i want to tried to figure out a way to keep the place to mount the fog lights as clean as possible. I dont want to go hacking at it, so im still working on that.

tell me what you think.....this is my first time and i dont really know how its supposed to look, so......

Here is the IC with the traction bar installed (half of it anyway...still need to put on radius arms.)

here is the piping:

see how the piping is a little crooked....ill fix that later.

·
Registered
613 Posts
ill try and post up a picture of how i did my fog light things. i found it nearly impossible to not cut them in someway with the ebay kit i had so i just cut out the bottom portion of the fog light hole. (i just painted my ic flat black and im really happy with it, pics for sure!)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad.. mine ended up crooked due to the backdoor style endtanks.. but i could care less.. function over form
yeah....thats what i was thinking. There is a metal bracket sitting right behind it that is pushing the piping out, and that why its crooked. Ill either move the bracket or just try to mess with the pipes some and straighten it, but as long as it holds, itll be alright

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill try and post up a picture of how i did my fog light things. i found it nearly impossible to not cut them in someway with the ebay kit i had so i just cut out the bottom portion of the fog light hole. (i just painted my ic flat black and im really happy with it, pics for sure!)
pics would be good. Im gonna wait until tomorrow night to start cutting on the fog light holes.....can you try to get them up by then?

thanks man!

·
Registered
613 Posts
pics would be good. Im gonna wait until tomorrow night to start cutting on the fog light holes.....can you try to get them up by then?

thanks man!
np ill try my damndest

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
good mockup. try to use as FEW couplers as possible. weld as much of the pipe together as feasible/convenient. popping couplers is a nuesance

-Luke

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did u have to cut the grill on ur bumber to make ur intercooler fit?
OH YES!!!!! Very much so..........

took a while.....but i took my time and tried to make it look good. Ill post pics of that tomorrow.....i think it looks good though.

thanks for the comments everyone

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good mockup. try to use as FEW couplers as possible. weld as much of the pipe together as feasible/convenient. popping couplers is a nuesance

-Luke
i dont have access to a welder or else nearly all of them would be welded. Thats was actually the point of the mock up........i want to get the pipes precut so i can get each end flared to help reduce couplers popping.

hopefully it helps :TU: thanks for the tip though

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
mhmm

Nice:TU: i like where the horn end up .....
i was like ok now wheres waldo, then i found it. =)

yeah good job on the mock up.. looks good. nice sized intercooler. dont feel bad, the car that just came into my buddies shop had duct tape over the pipe joints and a leaky ass coupler from a shop!. 3 g's worth of work. and they did em' like that.

what bov is that and did you paint it black?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lookin Good! :TU:

just make sure those couplers are tight as hell. don't want any poppin off...
when the actual install comes, they will be tight as all get out :TU:

thanks

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
get some more t-bolt clamps for the upper charge piping. worm clamps are poop.
and maybe some 3 ply silicone couplers. other than that it looks good.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Looks good... :TU:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts