Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a simple ruff write up on how to delete the coolant plate on TB. Tools needed a Multi Meter 12 mm socket Exacto Knife or scissors Flat head screwdriver.

1 Remove TB coolant lines 2 Take off throttle body with 12 mm socket 3Remove lower bolts to the coolant feed line plate 4 cut out a piece of thin plastic or I have heard of a pop can being used 5 Sandwhich it between the tb and coolant line plate 6 Drill small holes were the bolts would go thru the plastic 7 Bolt together 8 Cut excess material around TB coolant plate 9 Where applicable re route the hose that went from the IACV to TB to the Coolant line nipple( That went to the other TB coolant plate nipple (This is located under the left hand side of the IM. I used a H23 throttle bodie (Gotta love freebies) if you use a H23 TB it will bolt up fine. However u will have to adjust the TPS. With key in on position and Using a Multimeter adjust the TPS to Read 0.50 volts when TB plate is closed tighten TPS down. (U may have to do this with TB off of IM however I was able to make do and (Please note the car will not be on just the key in on Position). Now turn car on bring up to optimal operating temp and top of coolant as needed now adjust idle screw so tach reads 950 RPMS.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts