Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have the worst luck when it comes to auto transmission!

Is it possible to install a H23 or H22 automatic transmission to a F23a motor? Or is it possible to put in a new year auto trans into my car?

I drive a 2001 accord lx 2.3L 4cyl. 165 000 KMS

currently my transmission is reving up high going from 1 gear to 2 gear with a jerk. It is still working but i know its going to stop working sometime soon!

i do not want to put in the same kind transmission again!

Please help! any advice?
Anyone know good service place in Toronto?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Besides the F20C all the F/H series transmissions interchange

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,520 Posts
and are the same internally except for the gearing as B series trannys. B's just use a different bell housing.

Might wanna check the A-B solenoid as well as other sensor that the TCM uses to control shifts.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Having owned a 5th gen prelude, I can tell you that the auto trans that came with the H22A4 was downright terrible and is notorious for failing. There's even a TSB regarding its sub-par quality. Honda offered an in-warranty exchange program for them....

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Hello,

I have the worst luck when it comes to auto transmission!

Is it possible to install a H23 or H22 automatic transmission to a F23a motor? Or is it possible to put in a new year auto trans into my car?

I drive a 2001 accord lx 2.3L 4cyl. 165 000 KMS

currently my transmission is reving up high going from 1 gear to 2 gear with a jerk. It is still working but i know its going to stop working sometime soon!

i do not want to put in the same kind transmission again!

Please help! any advice?
Anyone know good service place in Toronto?

5spd swap that sucker, my wifee has had 3 auto trannys go out all were 2001-2004 accords. the last one i got her finally to 5spd swap it n she was very pleased. its not all that exspensive to do. id just put ur money well spent in a 5spd rather another auto, u'll be right back here again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts