Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at the track last night (1/8th) and my friend just got finished putting a carbon fiber intake on his DC2 w/ H22 swap, he had a skunk2 mani on before but it was hitting his brake booster. This one clears no too much better but better than the skunk2. He has Type s cams (Prelude Type s), Hondata S200, Apexi N1 exhaust, RMF header, and AEM intake and H23 trans. He raced another buddy of mines stock 350Z and lost not once but 3 times. For some spooky ass reason after the mani switch he dropped 6 tenths in his E.T.he went from running 9.4's to not even being able to break into the 9's at all. I think his best was 10.2. I raced the same 350Z and lost by a tenth (he ran 9.43, I ran 9.50 with a .503 reaction time). My other friend did something crazy though, he bought this used WRX, GC8 w/ EJ20 swap and nothing else and ran a 8.9 right out of the box?! WTF! He was smashing GT's, Z28's and the 350Z too. I just can't get over my buddy losing in his DC2 though, man he has ALOT of money in that swap and he told me afterwards that he was gonna sell it now, he said he was just disgusted with it! He told me he had like 8K in that swap. I use to tell him to just go with a ITR swap and be done with it, it would have been cheaper, no brake booster problems and it with I/H/E would have been just as quick if not quicker.

·
Banned
752 Posts
hulkbuster said:
We were at the track last night (1/8th) and my friend just got finished putting a carbon fiber intake on his DC2 w/ H22 swap. He had a skunk2 mani on it before but that was hitting his brake booster. This doesn't clear the booster much better, but at least it's better than the skunk2.
He has Type s cams (Prelude Type s)
Hondata S200
Apexi N1 exhaust
RMF header
AEM intake
H23 trans

He raced another buddy of mines stock 350Z and lost not once but 3 times. For some spooky ass reason after the mani switch he dropped 6 tenths in his E.T.he went from running 9.4's to not even being able to break into the 9's at all. I think his best was 10.2.

I raced the same 350Z and lost by a tenth (he ran 9.43, I ran 9.50 with a .503 reaction time).

My other friend did something crazy though, he bought this used WRX, GC8 w/ EJ20 swap and nothing else and ran a 8.9 right out of the box?! WTF! He was smashing GT's, Z28's and the 350Z too.

I just can't get over my buddy losing in his DC2 though. He told me he had like 8K in that swap and he told me afterwards that he was gonna sell it now, because he was just disgusted with it! I told him to go with an ITR swap and be done with it. That would have been cheaper, have no brake booster problems and with I/H/E would have been just as quick if not quicker.
There you go, that should be easier to comprehend.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
350Z's are nothing to take for granted. they are pretty quick cars, and with the right driver they can put most Hondas to shame.

the DC2 is a heavy car, and the H22 is completly overrated, the outcome doesnt suprise me.

should have went with a turbo single cam, i pulled several 9.0's with a broken motor mount :p

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay sorry about the crazy ass format. Thanks Norm for NOT making me look like a f'n retard! Really I appreciate that there guy. What an a-hole (J/K heh heh heh). Yeah I'm pretty stocked that I was able to be even close to the Z.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts