Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1997 civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy gave me a h1c of his d250 after upgrading his turbo. I was wondering if it would be possible to boost this on stock internals? How big injectors would I need?

· Registered
1997 civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is off the early 90s ram with the cummins, you are going to grow a beard before spooling it enough to hurt anything on the stock engine.

I bet it will run just fine, but its going to be a setup that needs some brake boosting to have a ton of fun.

Now, build an engine with a bit more compression, but more importantly, use a camshaft that gets you some more exhaust flow, and it will actually be a fun setup. It will lug a bit down low, but it will tap on the rev limtier fairly hard.

Plan your fuel system for around 500whp. THat way you have headroom if you get a built engine in there to support it properly.

No matter what, you will want an adjustable FPR of a REAL brand. And a Walbro 190 in the tank.

A factory evo 9 or evo 10 fuel pump from rockauto can be made to work, do some research to see if you are up to the task.

Walbro 190 is a drop in. Get a fuel sock that is larger than factory. Holley has a few that are somewhere around $80-100 that are quite large and prevent fuel starving.
Sweet man thanks a lot

If it is off the early 90s ram with the cummins, you are going to grow a beard before spooling it enough to hurt anything on the stock engine.

I bet it will run just fine, but its going to be a setup that needs some brake boosting to have a ton of fun.

Now, build an engine with a bit more compression, but more importantly, use a camshaft that gets you some more exhaust flow, and it will actually be a fun setup. It will lug a bit down low, but it will tap on the rev limtier fairly hard.

Plan your fuel system for around 500whp. THat way you have headroom if you get a built engine in there to support it properly.

No matter what, you will want an adjustable FPR of a REAL brand. And a Walbro 190 in the tank.

A factory evo 9 or evo 10 fuel pump from rockauto can be made to work, do some research to see if you are up to the task.

Walbro 190 is a drop in. Get a fuel sock that is larger than factory. Holley has a few that are somewhere around $80-100 that are quite large and prevent fuel starving.
Do you think 11:1 would be enough?

· Registered
1997 civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is your budget?

Stock internals wont live at 300.

Cam would help, but if you are using a turbo that large, turn her up to 20+psi and she'll hit 300whp on stock cam.

Dont forget all the necessary supporting mods. It will add up quick. The pistons are likely going to be one of the cheapest component of the build if going vitara.
I don’t really have a set budget but I don’t have k swap kind of money. I have a y8 block and head and I was going to use it to save some money but every forum I read says just go z6. Is it even worth building the y8? Also would I have to build the head at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts