Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,828 Posts
I was gonna go stock internals and hope for 300 to the clutch. But im going to do a vitara build on a z6 block. Do you think a cam would be necessary?
What is your budget?

Stock internals wont live at 300.

Cam would help, but if you are using a turbo that large, turn her up to 20+psi and she'll hit 300whp on stock cam.

Dont forget all the necessary supporting mods. It will add up quick. The pistons are likely going to be one of the cheapest component of the build if going vitara.

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,828 Posts
I don’t really have a set budget but I don’t have k swap kind of money. I have a y8 block and head and I was going to use it to save some money but every forum I read says just go z6. Is it even worth building the y8? Also would I have to build the head at all?
The Z6 definitely has advantages for sure in the oiling department, but you can use a Z6 crank in a Y8 and modify the oil pump to achieve many of the advantages that come baked in to the Z6.

If sticking with the Y8 crank in the Y8 block, at 300whp you really need to make sure the oiling system is ready to help so the crank will last a while. A new OEM pump should be mandatory, and if budget allows, getting 4piston or Bad Guys to port it, using brand new tri layer bearings, measuring your main and rod oil clearances so you know what oil weight to run, a very good quality oil filter, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts