Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90' CRX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently just picked up a shell, the shell was in the middle of getting prepared for an H series swap. The floor for the shift linkage & cables were cut but the motor mounts were never messed with.

Now, I need opinions, plan on going back to D/B series style shift linkage, should it be ok like this or would it be worth cutting a section out of another shell and having someone weld/seal it in?

I have mixed opinions, as you can see in the picture the bolts to hold the shift linkage from d/b are still there but i'm worried about it being weak due to it being cut so close to the holes.

Even though I tried to bend the metal with vise grips and its pretty damn strong, it must be like 2/3 layers of metal there.

What do you guys think?
(this is cross posted on honda-tech as well)

·
Registered
90' CRX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What a bunch of rookies! Looks like the bolts that hold the end of the shift linkage is still there so you "should" be fine.
Yes, it's unfortunate because the shell other than that is in pristine condition. What i'm really worried about is it weakening up over time of shifting hard. This car will never see rain or snow so as far as stuff coming up from the road isn't an issue.

I think I might just talk to a local body shop and see if I can have them weld one in that I cut out of another. Does anyone know if the 92-95 coupes have the same floor so I can cut one of out that?

·
Registered
90' CRX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weld in some replacement plate there, and cut the needed sized hole.
My buddy has a 94 coupe he's going to be scrapping so he's going to let me cut it out of there.

Does anyone know if coupe's flooring (shifter part) matches the hatches?

·
Registered
90' CRX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should, all other parts from front bumper to behind front seats are interchangeable hatch/coupe.
Thanks I think so to, going to take a picture of it and compare the too with my other hatch. I'm 95% sure it's identical. Now just finding a shop to do it and not spending a fortune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts