Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone riding on H&R lowering springs? I'm thinking about getting some at some point soon. They are about 220 on tirerack.com and offer a mild drop and supposedly a decent ride. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. I took my Civic on a curvy road the other day and it just doesn't feel as confident as my old forth gen.

So I want my car to feel more composed, not to harsh and not to low kind of a middle of the road set up. Just looking for some first hand experience before I down the cash.

·
Registered
276 Posts
On my old EF hatch, I had the "OE Sports" with Koni Yellows and a fat rear anti-sway bar. Liked that setup alot.

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well hopefully i'll grow a pair and actually do this.
i'll be sure to post pics when i do.
:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive had both Tiens and Eibachs, liked them both a lot. Both pretty comfy ride and gave a nice drop too. In the end its up to you, if you do though i reccommend replacing your struts eventually too. It helped a lot on mine anyway

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the ones I'm looking at getting are Sports.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im sure you'll be fine man. Will give you a little stance, little less body roll and more hug. and will still retain some ride quality. I think you'll be ok with any of those choices honesly. Some people are very picky on this stuff but to me a lot of it feels the same when its for something this mild. Your not racing it and what not. Daily it'll be fine. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
65 Posts
When u get them think about upgrading your shocks. I've had a set of Koni yellows and race drop h&r and have loved the setup.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had h&are race on konis on my 90 hatch when I started tracking, and they were an excellent street/track setup. EXCELLENT.. Rode kinda hard but not annoyingly so

I had neuspeeds a while after, and disliked them on track, but I was new to the track still. They rode nice though

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
I've had 2 sets of H&R Sport Springs and 1 set of H&R Race Springs.

The Sports were on my crx and ej8, they ride pretty smooth for what they are both were coupled with OE struts. They handle great compared to many other coil springs, and are on the stiffer side. I would go for these if you want to lower your car an inch or two, want a smooth ride, and want to greatly improve the handling of your car.

The Race springs I had on my crx, they are awesome. I've never owned coilovers, only upgraded coil springs. But for the $220~ish I don't think you can beat the bang for buck handling wise. Very stiff, cause OE shocks to bottom out and become very loud! Coupled with brand new OE style struts the ride quality was improved, but still definitely not for the typical spirited driver.

My roommate has H&R OE springs on his Legacy sport and I personally think they are a waste of money, ride quality is sub par to stock and handling was only mildly improved. A sway bar would be a better investment than these.

I have S.Techs on my EP and they are silky smooth, and at least for the EP they have some of the stiffest spring rates. And only lowered about an 1"-1.5" (not into slammed cars!).

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I just installed the koni orange with h&r springs on my dd 94 cx. I usually don't buy preassembled kits but overall I am impressed with it so far. It's $422 until the end of april on tire rack witch is cheaper than buying Monroe quick struts. You have to buy upper mounts for the kit if you don't have a way to disassemble your old struts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts