Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on td16 earlier and there is this guy from Hungary selling usdm d15 forged H beam rods no notching the block..does anyone know anything about these rods?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no one does.

why dont u buy a set and tell us about them?

maybe all these threads popping up will speed up FJT's progress ;)
I really want to, my B7 project has been setting for months waiting for rods..but I just dont know how legit that guy is I would like to wait for fj but im kinda getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
as am i, when i get the money together if fj shit isnt done i will be buying a set from that guy.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
They were probably crower rods.

Psst....guys I have a JDM D15b crank sitting at the house....why wait for the fjt rods?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
thats was my plan if fj didntt get his act together but every 1 i talk to w/ a jdm d15 crank either wants to much or it had a spun bearing and i dont want to chance it. i almost got a complete jdm d15b block for 25 bucks w/ a bad thrust washer, but again didnt want to risk getting a f'd up crank. i just dont want to spend 100 buck on a used crank when i can get a d16 block for the same price....lol

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
thats was my plan if fj didntt get his act together but every 1 i talk to w/ a jdm d15 crank either wants to much or it had a spun bearing and i dont want to chance it.
you havent talked to "every 1" yet. i can say that either the crank i have or the crank mindless has are in good condition. no spun anything ;).

mmm d15bX on big boost :drool:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
yes but you are in cali / nv and mindless is in va, shipping alone would make it not worth it even if you sold it for a good price

·
11,892 Posts
No spun bearing here. Flat rate box ftw!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
They were probably crower rods.

Psst....guys I have a JDM D15b crank sitting at the house....why wait for the fjt rods?
as do i! man these 2 cranks of ours would be great to make use of d16 eagles in d15 blocks!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes but you are in cali / nv and mindless is in va, shipping alone would make it not worth it even if you sold it for a good price
So with a d15b crankshaft I can run d15b/d16 rods in my b7 with no changes to the b7 block? I would just order the rest of my engine parts as if it were a
d15b?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
correct. and for pistons just run whatever. also id think you would need d16 rod bearings and d15 main bearings.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
pistons have to be certain height (vitara's pop out a little) so you can't run any piston you want

·
11,892 Posts
IIRC a vitara'd JDM D15b has been done before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pistons have to be certain height (vitara's pop out a little) so you can't run any piston you want
Ok now im confused...not hard to do but I am, so I cant use vitaras in a
d15b7 with a jdm d15b crank cause the set above the deck?

·
11,892 Posts
Ok now im confused...not hard to do but I am, so I cant use vitaras in a
d15b7 with a jdm d15b crank cause the set above the deck?
See my post above.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
that is why i said a little (around 0.022), anything over that on height you probably will run into issues, was just using them for reference

·
Registered
218 Posts
Every JDM D15b vtec vitara Ive seen, has either been with the stock JDM D15B vtec head or a Z6 head.(same thing basicly)
There was a guy selling a D15b Vitara block with a y8 head, but he never ran it.

I want to run a y8 head (as I have like 3 possibly more of them!). But Im afraid the pistons might smack the head due to the quench pads+heat+stretch. At least with 137mm rods... FJs custom length D15b rods would be perfect.

I have everything but a rebuild kit...JDM d15b crank, b7 block, y8 heads...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts