Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is the plan. get the dart block and maybe bore over/stroke(haven't looked into this and turboing yet, run a large turbo/fmic and hondata. ok the questions i have for you, is it worth boring/stroking a turboed block. this car will see a lot or track use and some street driving. i also want to make around 400whp. i have seen some of you making 300+whp. i just want to shutup my dohc friends! any help with turbin size and intercooler kits would be very helpful!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll tell you this. Teh dart block are not even NHRA or IDRA leagel. not to mention $2500 for a block alone is nuts.
You can get a stock sleeve it and have it punched to 78mm. Then run what ever pistons and stuff you want. it would not only be cheaper and keep you legal, but also las as long or longer. WHY? No manufacturer has bet to match the "quakity" of the honda blocks themselves. The dart is only "as good" but not superior. So why spend 2-3Xs the cost on something only equil to a stocker block that is sleeved. I perfer Golden Eagle Manufacturing sleeves over any others around. Their sleeves are a cross between a closed deck and open deck design that allows for no flow restructions of fluids and side wall support wanted with a closed deck design. no one else does this as well. Especially for a street car.

stock crank will be fine
use the 92-95 v-tec head (d16z6 is the engine code) any 92-2k D16 block will work except the VX or HX series.

I perfer endyn rollerwave pistons. they have the best quenching areas and have been proven to provice about 10-15more hp and allow for 1-2more lbs of boost on pump with turbo pistons they offer. It's how their domes sit and the way it pushes the exhaust gases out of the chambers.

for 400
look at a precision SC61 turbo. decent spooling and premium quality. get it witht he .48 exhaust side instead of the .63 for faster spooling. it will support up to about 475 wheel power with the .48 exhaust and the .63 will aloow for up to 600 whel power but spools at higher reving.

hondata is a awesome and least expensive way to do the car up as far as ecu's go.

look into a set of 72lbs injectors (752cc) you can get them for about $340 for the entire set off the internet. MSD is what i'm using.

you'll need larger fuel line to and from the tank, as well as a high flow high volume fuel pump. the aeromotive units are nice. look into a adjsutable fpr as well.

fmic should look at sperco

Headwork i highly recommend endyn. ie seen lots of heads and flow numbers as well as volocity info. no one has beaten endyn yet on the honda heads. or pretty much ANY head for that mater.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts