Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used Gunk Motor Flush before? if so, what were the results? im thinking about using it with the next oil change...wondering if it will tear shit up like seafoam...?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
...I have no clue lol

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
it sure will flush out the "gunk"....if gunk means every rubber seal in the engine, then yes it works great. :td:

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i've personally used it. it does get alot of the "gunk" stuff out. i used it and pulled the motor out it was surprisingly clean compared to other motors i've torn apart. i've never and will never use it on a turbo'd car though.

flushing it out once in a while is not bad imo.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
according to that...the down time would be too much for me. the Motor Flush is easy...you put it in before you change your oil, run the motor for 5-10 minutes then change your oil, lol.

i've personally used it. it does get alot of the "gunk" stuff out. i used it and pulled the motor out it was surprisingly clean compared to other motors i've torn apart. i've never and will never use it on a turbo'd car though.

flushing it out once in a while is not bad imo.
ok, cool! this is what i was looking for. im just a little worried with my motor having 203,XXX hard miles on it, it would be to tough on it.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
awesome use of bandwidth...... sigh:dots:
I think postwhoring is to blame for this....

But yea I ran it through my old pickup truck with 180k miles on the tach and after it was out and I put new oil in, it smoked,leaked oil everywhere and then I sold the truck 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But yea I ran it through my old pickup truck with 180k miles on the tach and after it was out and I put new oil in, it smoked,leaked oil everywhere and then I sold the truck 2 weeks later.
that doesnt sound like anything i want, lol

·
Registered
92 4dr EG
172 Posts
real good to me
it make your old oil non sticky so it flush like water out ov your motor thats all it does
work great on old car used 2 times in my brother 92 mazda protege
about 380 000km bp01 1.8 shoc running piggy rich
custom cai-magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Auto-Rx>Gunk

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
its going to clean out all of your old gaskets which have all that gunk built up on high mileage motors which keeps them from leaking believe it or not... once its all cleaned out, be ready for some oil leaks...dont use it, just change the oil, make sure its always at the proper level, and your motor will be happy.... i have a 92 firebird with 200k on it.. engine is dirty as hell, and i know for a fact if i would use something like this, you can say hello to oil leaks... my firebird doesnt burn or leak one drop of oil....

·
Registered
107 Posts
its going to clean out all of your old gaskets which have all that gunk built up on high mileage motors which keeps them from leaking believe it or not... once its all cleaned out, be ready for some oil leaks...dont use it, just change the oil, make sure its always at the proper level, and your motor will be happy.... i have a 92 firebird with 200k on it.. engine is dirty as hell, and i know for a fact if i would use something like this, you can say hello to oil leaks... my firebird doesnt burn or leak one drop of oil....

I agree with this. When I hit 170k I went from 5w30 to 10w30 oil and I don't change it all that often maybe every 7k instead of 3k. I don't exactly want it to run super clean because I had an old saturn that started getting oil leaks everywhere because I cleaned the engine with gunk and the similar products.

Stick with just changing the oil. I hit 180k the other day and I still have no leaks and thats all I do.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
ive used gunk once with good results. i use seafoam ALOT! EVERYWHERE and have never had a single problem. maybe y'all use it wrong(if thats possible)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts