Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other day i was cleaning my TB with Gumout TB cleaner so i was half way done with the can and decided to spray some on the area under my distributer that had gunk built up from the oil leaking around the dist....to my surprise it Cleaned it up pretty well took off all the oil stains and dirt....I ended up getting 2 more cans and did the whole engine...the Skunk2 symbol on the intake manifold is friggin shiny as hell like it was brand new ... I say this could be a multi-purpose cleaner...only a few downsides .... $3.75 per can and (I used 3) and it sorta discolored the boot on the Magnecor spark plug wires....and you gotta spray alot on the areas that are extremely dirty/oily so all the crap could flow down and away from the engine....but overall my engine bay is Cleaned except for the garage floor.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
yeah that stuff does work good ......but for the same or around the same price you can get a chemical made by a company called ARDEX ...an auto marine cleaner ...a gallon is like 11.50 and thins out to 2 gallons if mixed 50/50 you may want to try it at a later day ....also works great on wheels....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll check if our Marine center here carries that....the another thing i like about the Gumout was no wiping was involved...plus wherever you spray it evaporates with no residue

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah that stuff is similar to brake cleaner I think.

J

·
0 Posts
try a product called b-12 berryman and put some in ur tank make it run like a champ again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts