Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup d-series, here I present my d15b2, that started life in my 91 dx slushbox civic. Here are it's phases:
1: Blown head gasket and broken cam. BONE STOCK Auto D15b2-complete A/C,powersteering, full.Got it fixed and running cherry, but it was such a complete slug.
2: Converted 5 speed A000 dx trans, removed a/c and powersteering. Started to chirp 1st and 2nd was fun for a couple days but the upper powerband was just sad.
3: Converted to MPFI using d15b7 manifold and pm6 ecu and stock airbox. Top end felt MUCH better along with slightly better mpg's and day and night throttle response difference
4: I ran the car with the pulley missing chunks and over-revved the engine a few times. BYE-BYE rod bearings. I replaced rod bearings and installed a $30 zc head with no cam(needed the valvesprings), removed the carbon and cleaned up the intake ports. The car feels awsome above 5000rpm.
Thats about as far as I got, I am planning to swap later but the d15 is just so fun and so responsive with the stuff you throw on I cant leave it alone.
Things I have ready to install:
ZC cam, tru-time cam gear,Z6 intake manifold,CAI,Port matching throttle body. Hopefully I can break 15's I'm at 100 ft elevation.

·
Registered
civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you need guidance with exactly???
Not much of guidance, but more of a helpful criticism ya know, like if there is anything I'm doing wrong or something I can improve to reach my goal of a 15 second 1/4 mile. I couldn't come up with a better thread title at the moment, sorry bout that

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Practice will help as will properly sized wheels/tires. You can run a smaller diameter tire at the 1/4 to get better gearing. Si or DOHC ZC trans would help. D16A6 camshaft and Y8 cam gear.

Look up stuff for the d15b7 too, it's pretty much identical to your MPFI B2.

·
Registered
civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, ive following along mr.bones beast7 which is why i have the z6 mani, as for wheels i have some 14x6 mugen mr5, i have a zc cam that i got from trading it for an a6 cam because supposedly its slightly more aggressive on the exhaust lobes. I will be looking for an a6 trans down the road, and will be practicing with the dx trans meanwhile.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Likely the rod bearings were toasted when the cam ran dry and snapped. Should replace the cam gear as well when this happens as it can twist and throw the timing out of whack.

·
Registered
civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Likely the rod bearings were toasted when the cam ran dry and snapped. Should replace the cam gear as well when this happens as it can twist and throw the timing out of whack.
threw in a b7 cam, old cam had heat discoloration and melted the cam journals too

·
Registered
civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp got out of work and and took photos of the stuff, and was gonna get a video of how the car accelerates for a before and after, but i changed the clutch cable when i re-did the whole front suspension and now the car wont go into gear so thats that :pinch: anyways heres pics of the stuff

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts