Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the flaming begin..
I have a godspeed turbo kit I am in the middle of installing and I have a lot of small questions I can't seem to find the answer for through research on the internet. I guess they're pretty easy questions for you guys that have experience with turbos and installing them. I, on the other hand, have no experience installing turbo kits nor know anyone that does. I know where everything goes bov, external wastegate, oil feed/return lines, clocking turbo, etc. I just need help with the small details like gaskets (everything has two diff gaskets for some reason) torque specs and such. So if anyone wouldn't mind clarifying any questions I have during my install process please let me know.
Please move/erase post if this is not were it belongs. Thank you

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
But you need to be more specific........... Make A build thread. If you put up pictures you'll find most people on here enjoy pics and they will help out A lot more if you bring them in to the build your making.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But you need to be more specific........... Make A build thread. If you put up pictures you'll find most people on here enjoy pics and they will help out A lot more if you bring them in to the build your making.
How do I make a build thread? I checked the "turbo build thread page" at the top and it says to post a link, and no questions or info. Which category would I start a build thread in, to post the link on that top page? Sorry. This is the first forum I'm ever joined xP

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Let the flaming begin..
I have a godspeed turbo kit I am in the middle of installing and I have a lot of small questions I can't seem to find the answer for through research on the internet. I guess they're pretty easy questions for you guys that have experience with turbos and installing them. I, on the other hand, have no experience installing turbo kits nor know anyone that does. I know where everything goes bov, external wastegate, oil feed/return lines, clocking turbo, etc. I just need help with the small details like gaskets (everything has two diff gaskets for some reason) torque specs and such. So if anyone wouldn't mind clarifying any questions I have during my install process please let me know.
Please move/erase post if this is not were it belongs. Thank you
What exactly do you need help with I don't see any questions? Are the gaskets composite and stainless steel? if so use the stainless gaskets so you don't have to scrape shit off if you ever remove anything. Torque specs? I didn't use a torque wrench at all on either of my civics when installing my turbo kit, just make sure everything is tight and I recommend lock washers for holding the turbo to the manifold.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the process of installing it and was going to ask questions as I ran into issues.
Yeah the 2 gaskets are composite and metal. Wasn't sure if I use both or just one for specific parts of the turbo kit.
On the external wastegate their is a thick washer type thing that I assume goes on between the WG and EM. When I bolt it on tho it leaves a gap. (Will snap pics right now) Question is do I just tighten it down and the "washer/spacer" will squeeze in to the rest of the wastegate?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
you sure that raised circle doesnt face the wastegate?

use the flat side against the manifold and use the big eyeball shaped gasket here.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
That's the fire ring for the wastegate, did you try flipping it over to see if it would go in the other way? I know my turbosmart fire ring is kind of tight, if it doesn't come out or Go in perfect then it gets wedged in

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm in the process of installing it and was going to ask questions as I ran into issues.
Yeah the 2 gaskets are composite and metal. Wasn't sure if I use both or just one for specific parts of the turbo kit.
On the external wastegate their is a thick washer type thing that I assume goes on between the WG and EM. When I bolt it on tho it leaves a gap. (Will snap pics right now) Question is do I just tighten it down and the "washer/spacer" will squeeze in to the rest of the wastegate?
That should be flush with the surface of the manifold flange for the wastegate, if it isn't it could cause an exhaust leak which could cause you to lose potential power. When yoy torque it down the seal might rest up against the plunger and seal properly, with my Tial 32mm I didn't have that issue..

I would torque it down to standard exhaust manifold torques which is around 23ft lbs.

Did it come with another fire ring gasket seal or just that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts