Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
try and guess what engine this is, and what car its out of, if you win, well, I guess I'll give you my whopping 3 points of rep...lol

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yup...damn, either you're a mechanic, or you have one of these pos's...lol I just have it in my garage at the moment cuz I'm doin a side job for a buddy's buddy...lol poor sob took it to a 'shop' and it ended up snapping the left side timing chain guide, which caused it to jump timing and eat the intake cam sprocket teeth. Fucking shop forgot to put in the top bolt in the chain guide....now that broken piece resides in the oil pan in the form of aluminum sludge...lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, I work on cars for a living :) I'm gonna take it another level and guess it's a 2000-2002 model? It has roller rockers only seen on the 99+ I believe. And 00-02 are the years with the AP system which is obvious in that picture with the diverter valve sitting next to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's actually a 99 SC2, the guy I'm working on it for took it to another shop before me, and they told him it needed a complete new engine for 2k, I told him bring it to me so I can check the old engine first, 300 bucks later, it'll be good as new...

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
dammit i couldn't have played anyways cause i was at your pad lol

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Acura Vigor!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Indeed. Its amazing how much it looks like a d with a cylinder added lol.
except for that differential on it and the axle running through the oil pan ;)

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
Guess the engine to the right. Gen and year range of the car

get rep lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
2.5 l inline 6 from the 94-95 ish bmw 325?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts