Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a turbo kit and i was wondering how ebay this setup is. I am told it is a T3/T4 .57 trim turbo and comes with HKS knockoff blow-off valve and
38MM wastegate

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 500 bucks the guy was gonna sell me :

D series manifold
T3/T4 .57 trim turbo
front mount intercooler
DSM blue top 450CC injectors
oil sandwich plate for the oil fill line
HKS knockoff blow-off valve
38MM wastegate
intercooler piping, that has been painted
all of the t-clamps needed
3 inch downpipe,

Take it or run?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The turbo has no shaft play and the manifold isnt cracked. I am a fairly decent welder.

The guy that has it ran it on like 12 pounds for awhile and then decided that it wasnt enough power so he upgraded.....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
the manifold has already warped. its nmissing the metal supports below it. this happened to me. from the header warping the metal braces fall offf. followed by it bearking. its already halfway there..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the really quick reply's! I knew it came from ebay which was the easy part to figure out. Would it be good to get this for maybe a better price just for piping injectors blow off etc and get a different turbo or just dont waste my time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
NINJA EDIT:

id offer him 350 for everything except the turbo and manifold.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Ill run it by him. What clips, where r they supposed to be?
i think they're talking about two pieces of metal on either side that brace the manifold and supposedly keep it from cracking under stress.

those don't come on the manifold though...at least ive never seen them come with the mani...you'd have to weld them on.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
they started putting the braces on the newer ones, prolly within the past year. but they dont help, they do fall off from the heat.. that manifold wont last 3 months. but id offer him 375 for eveything but the manifold, then go on ebay and buy a new cast log mani for 75 bucks, get a chipped ecu, and get tuned.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I had a HKS knockoff bov on my last setup. Within a few weeks it shit the bed and caused compressor surge on my Garrett turbo and blew the seals out of it. Because of that I will never run an ebay bov or wastegate on any of my setups again.

But if your going to use the ebay stuff, at least spend the extra $ and buy it new. Its not going to last very long if its used.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
I had a HKS knockoff bov on my last setup. Within a few weeks it shit the bed and caused compressor surge on my Garrett turbo and blew the seals out of it. Because of that I will never run an ebay bov or wastegate on any of my setups again.

But if your going to use the ebay stuff, at least spend the extra $ and buy it new. Its not going to last very long if its used.

thats if you know how to install... lol my ebay wastegate, and BOV have been working fine for three years, as many others in here have not one problem with them.. my ebay wastegate sees 28psi of boost ;-)

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
guess i will chime in and say that its junk and might or might now last, might as well spend the money on something that is more then likely to last rather then not.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
I had an ebay kit on my car originally. Biggest pile of shit. Its already been said enough. Just steer clear of it.
Best advice I can give you is just save your money for a few months and get the "tuner kit" from greg at GO-AUTOWORKS.com. Its hands down the best turbo kit for the money. Ask anyone on here! Its just under $2000 btw.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,358 Posts
the only thing i wouldnt touch is the manifold.

but the rest should work.

are there better things to spend $350 on?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts