Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the company or their products ? Particularly , their SOHC parts . Any info would be appreciated . Thanks in advance , ladies & gents .

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
Ha Ha old school. I haven't herd about them for years.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
^^^Thanks man, I didn't have anything helpful to say about gude cams. I'm sure they filled a need. I have an older book where the author tested out one of their cams in an a6.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
no experience with their SOHC stuff but about 8yrs ago i built an LS with a complete Gude topend including ported head. it put down 172whp in 50° weather and ran low 9s in the 1/8th mile on 20" slicks with a cable b16 trans in a DA teg. dont remember which grind i went with but it made power to 8200rpm.

the car was a beast to be N/A, then i swapped to some rocket motorsports nitrous cams and sprayed it with a 65 dry shot but never got back to the track before selling it.

back then the internet wasnt HUGE and parts werent as easily available, now there are better alternatives out there.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
My Bad, the book was "Honda & Acura performance handbook" by Mike Ancas. Printed in 1999. It was in a z6 and he didn't get that big of a grind. He didn't give much information but said it gave him an 11whp increase
but he allready had I/H/E throttle body,
extrued honed stock intake ,
ignition upgrades,
fpr with a base mapped ecu.
Lol he didn't even have at least crome to work with back then.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have a gude 2624 cam in my a6 thats in my CRX it is decently quick with full exhaust, z6 mani, and CAI. I havent made time to get my ECU chipped yet but will be doing so ASAP since the car is in the process of being turbocharged right now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
they have some fast D's but i recall reading a lot about customer service issues...
this!! i was going to get a head package through them while back, ive heard some good things,, but mostly neg. like regrinds sent out with wrong measurements and then having to deal with their shoty customer service. so i opted out..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good Ol' Bill Gude.

He was one of the first to break the 10 second barrier with a Honda and he was also the first to offer chipped ECU's.

Bullfrog racing was the shit twenty years ago but for the last ten years or so he has gone from being one of the best performance shops to being absolutely the very worst performance shop there is. Bill is getting on in years and has let most of his work be outsourced by assholes calling themselves professionals and for the last eight years his cams have been known to wear out after a hundred miles on them. (literally flat spots on the top of the lobes). His heads are ported by animals that have actually ported into the water passages of the head.

If you don't believe me, just ask Bone about his love for the GudeMeister.

You have officially been warned about the curse of the BullFrog....Stay Away From Gude!

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Good Ol' Bill Gude.

He was one of the first to break the 10 second barrier with a Honda and he was also the first to offer chipped ECU's.

Bullfrog racing was the shit twenty years ago but for the last ten years or so he has gone from being one of the best performance shops to being absolutely the very worst performance shop there is. Bill is getting on in years and has let most of his work be outsourced by assholes calling themselves professionals and for the last eight years his cams have been known to wear out after a hundred miles on them. (literally flat spots on the top of the lobes). His heads are ported by animals that have actually ported into the water passages of the head.

If you don't believe me, just ask Bone about his love for the GudeMeister.

You have officially been warned about the curse of the BullFrog....Stay Away From Gude!
Good to know the last I dealt with them was like 15 years ago then went to skunk2 and crower billets. Have not visited grinds since.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Fuck Gude!!!!!

Said the core head we sent was bad, wanted $$$ to ship it back. Sent a second head we took off a running CRX and of course it was bad as well.

The shop owed $2000 for the product on the shelves, it was never paid. One of the reground cams whipped the lobes out in 3k miles.

Yep, I won't buy anything FROM Gude although I have a bored TB and ported (poorly) Z6 intake manifold that were done by Gude.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I remember back in the late 90's, if anyone had a quick sohc, it had Gude parts. Anyone remember/have one of their hoods?
You mean the hoods with the 4" cowl????

Made a nice spot for the fuel pressure gauge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts