Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is the situation i bought a gude head package a while ago back when i didn't know any better anyway the head package is not the problem it actually works good but now i want to see about getting a bisimoto cam since they are the ones still breaking records with their sohc stuff but gude will not give me the head specs i have ad d16a6 and no one knows how much was milled off my head and what kind of compression i am running this is stuff i need to know so i can get the proper cam for my build help me please:confused: :thehump: :( :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Get a measureing kit from summit or jeds and measure the combustion chambers and ports. You can get quite a bit of info about it that way.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i hate bill gude. i think thats his name. he was so not helpful with me too. i had the same problem. he was very vague with what was done to the head. but, from what i gathered, the head was milled. .030". compression should be around 11:1 according to him. but dont etch that in stone. he wouldnt give me compression ratios for specific motors. he just said 11:1 for all of them. he had poor people skills. hope this helps.

ryan

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I'm not a Gude fan myself, but in their defense, they can't just go and give the specs and such for what they did to your head and all. That would def be a bad business move if it got out ;)

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i mean come on all i want is the amount he milled off for the sake of seeing if the valves will hit with the new cam or what

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
measure a stock head, then measure yours. You've got to look at where they're coming from on this. That's how they make their living, If you had something that made you famous and paid your bills, would you tell any body that asked how you did it or what you did?

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
that is what i wanted to know too. it took me awhile to get it out of him, but he finally told me .030". i wasnt wanting his porting secrets, just what was done to increase compression.

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is what i wanted to know too. it took me awhile to get it out of him, but he finally told me .030". i wasnt wanting his porting secrets, just what was done to increase compression.
030?? is that it? cause that is all i need to know cause bisi cannot tell me what cam to get if he does not know so i hope that is right

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet thanks i will be talking to bisimoto tomorrow hopefully this will help him

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh fuck bill gude that fucker i swear i called him and he was not very helpful at all i felt like i was breaking up with the dude he was like if my stuff is so good then why you want a different company i just told him i had the biggest best cam he had and he said then there is no more to say and hung up on me

so here is the new plan i am building a new engine same as the one i have but all bisimoto and i am going to dyno both of them with the same tunining ecu

and i'm posting all the results but man what a dick

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
HEY... my best friend is married to bill gude's duaghter... tell me what you need and i can get it for you okay man.. just send it in a pm

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
thats some bullshit.. if i send my shit to someone to work on the better damn well tell me wtf they did... another reason why gude products are shitty

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
i just got off the phone with roy gudes daughter.. he said he cant give the specs out because this guy isnt the origional purchaser and he doesnt know what head it was for since everyone has them setup different...

but he also said that he usually mills the head 80 thou most of the time.. no more then that.. i hope that helps.... 80 thou off an a6 head on a a6 block is about 11:1.... 10.93:1 to be exact

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
gude run around.......same story ten fucking years later.

BFG = Bull Frog Gude???

nope

Bill Fucking Gude

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
gude run around.......same story ten fucking years later.

BFG = Bull Frog Gude???

nope

Bill Fucking Gude
yea i dont really like gude shit either..... hes hella expensive.. and there is really no tech support once u buy something.. its like ebay you get what you get and thats it.. its pretty much bs

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
that is how i felt too. i just dont even bother with his products anymore. skunk2 and edelbrock were both way more helpful.

ryan

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
see it takes me ranting on line to get any kind of answers wtf but like i said i am building a real motor milling is a cheap way to make power and there are risks like timing jumping and fuck that shit bill is a fucking jackass

1 - 20 of 31 Posts