Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been waiting/planning years for the day I finally get a Gt2860RS, almost ordered one last week. Then Garrett goes and Releases the GTX 2863R. Now what do I do? I keep telling myself I need to draw a line, at some point its just to much, but damn...

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Same thing with apple. Thats why I left them way back n my ibook and 3rd gen ipod.
But whats your question here?
Id get the cheapest that would meet your goals. Also I dont like bb because the hell getting rebuild if something happens.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No real question. I just randomly ran across the new turbo, looks like its going to be a mean little SOB, hadn't seen anyting about it here yet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Personally I think there are alot better options for your dollar and you can also save money in the process. The entire GT line is rebadged technology from 20+ years ago with the exception of the ball bearings. The GT2860RS is nothing more then an T3 super 60 compressor combined to a T28 turbine with ball bearings. That is it.

What is your goals? Whats the purpose of the build? For me I would not buy a ball bearing turbo unless I was planning on running insane levels of boost and if the car was a dedicated track piece. Yes they are nice to have but for the cost the minute added performance is not worth it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why don't you try?
But what's the setup, because they say it will flow 20% more.

The turbo himself is looking hot!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think anything short of a GT2871R is kinda silly as far as GT28 turbos go.
I got one of these in the mail a few weeks ago. Should go well paired with 10.5:1 compression using it for autocross.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EFR-6258 looks even better. The match bot program is pretty interesting, 1/2 my time is at 5500' and the other 1/2 is up at 9500'. I built the motor and trans for 300 hp. Wonder how many psi I could run on pump gas? If I could run 20-23psi the EFR map looked pretty good at both altitudes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
efr's back ordered until the end of Feb. I guess the Indy Izod series switched to the EFR's and have priority on production. I did order a 6258 though.

here is the map

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

The EFR that was supposed to be shipped feb 28th, was pushed back to late july. I cancelled the order, Go-Autoworks is hooking me up with a s252 BatMoWheel...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't seen any dyno graphs of one on a D either, but I'm hoping it should be close to a gt2871.

here is a s252 graph, Bullseye didn't have one for the batmowheel, but it should be a little more efficient. The generic statement was a regular s252 is good for 450hp, and with the batmowheel its good for 550hp.

and just to make things easier.

·
Registered
EK Sedan
347 Posts
The batmowheel inducer turbine is soo crazy looking. The compressor housing is pretty interesting too, i see go-autoworks updates on facebook all the time. Makes me rethink using the brand new garrett turbo i purchased for my build, its so basic compared to some of this new stuff coming out.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts