Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT22/GT2252_452187_6.htm

What do you think about this Turbo??? for a d16y7 with eagle rod and vitara piston.. maybe 12-15 psi...

how many HP do you think?? a lot of lag??

thanks
fast spoling turbo,good throttle response,not to much lag,but i think your gonna need sumthing bigger to hit +400hp. If you havent preped the engine yet then the turbo should be the last thing your thinking about right

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Oh, was this turbo for that 400 hp goal build there in your sig? Definitely not a good fit for that goal then!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont worry is not for me.. its for one of my friends..she want like 250 hp.. so you think its a good choice:TU: I tell her and she go buy it right away

me I go with a t3/t4 57 trim for my 400 hp.. :TU:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
you would not want to run that thing past 15* mark. as it would just lose efficiancy. it will not get you to your 400 whp goal. it will spool fast and drop off at the top of the rpm band.

·
Registered
616 Posts
dont worry is not for me.. its for one of my friends..she want like 250 hp.. so you think its a good choice:TU: I tell her and she go buy it right away

me I go with a t3/t4 57 trim for my 400 hp.. :TU:
Oh its not for your build ok. but did you say SHE wants 250hp. a girl thats into cars and wants to run boost...oh shit:IHI:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i would look more at a GT2560R turbo. it would give a little more breathing room at the upper end of the rpm band. a y7 tends to fall off on the top end due to the small lobe one the bump stick. don't worry to much about the bottom end, as the y7 makes nice tq numbers when off boost.
Oh its not for your build ok. but did you say SHE wants 250hp. a girl thats into cars and wants to run boost...
remind me if i am every in NY, not to let you near my GF. i drove my car around at 8 psi, she would slap in my boost controller and turn it up to the tuned 18 psi. :lol:

·
Registered
616 Posts
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No i have more respect then that. Dont really get to take my wife out in the car to much cause she gets car sick if she isnt driving,so instead she speeds our benz suv which btw my friends i do not recommend ne 1 getting-16 mpg. Good god that fucking sucks, nice truck but hate it. I want her to get the mugen si lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
i would look more at a GT2560R turbo. it would give a little more breathing room at the upper end of the rpm band.
This is the most lag free turbo that i have ever seen!!! and with such a broad powerband!!! i say it's a good buy for probebley 300 lag free whp and all that with an excellent turbo effecincy and an internal wastegate, i LOVE this turbo :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
no its possible with the GT25. My cousin in puerto rico made 350 with on his d17,sure it was built but still goes to show its possible. But that doesnt really matter,the man ust wants to know if it will be good for around 250. The answer to that is yes,tell your friend she should get it. That will be a nice setup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I know mayube the GT25 it a better choice.. but my lady friend can have a deal you know.. a greddy kit with piping IC manifold injecteor etc.. and this gt22.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Well, even Garrett says it'll get up to 260 hp...so I say 250 is possible, but there are better choices still I think. I'll definitely spool though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts