Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people I own these GSR Swirlies and yes they need to be cleaned washed and they will shine...its just some of the clearcoat is coming off and there is dry break dust...what should I do to clean them up really good? Or do I have to go through the steps of sanding and then polishing?

Needs new tires. WHAT performance tires also do you recommend its going to be on my daily and for spring/summer and dont want to slide badly in rain either lol! Oh ya it's going on my 92 hatch Thanksss!!!:bigok:

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Do the sanding and polishing process,
Start with a low sand grit like 600 and then work you're way up to 2000.
Go google a step by step.

and just get all season performance tires.

·
Registered
98 civic ex
643 Posts
check this link for polishing wheels. im in the process or doing my si wheels lots of sanding involved but looks sweet when done. maybe just paint the spaces between the spokes if cleaning or polishing dosent work the insides
my si's still gotta paint the insides of the spokes and more buffing to do

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
437 Posts
umm, start with wet sand 200,300,450,650,800,1000 1200 1500, 2000 and then buff and polish and it will shine like chrome

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check this link for polishing wheels. im in the process or doing my si wheels lots of sanding involved but looks sweet when done. maybe just paint the spaces between the spokes if cleaning or polishing dosent work the insides
my si's still gotta paint the insides of the spokes and more buffing to do

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
wow nice job bro/!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay thanks guys i guess i have to freakin do sanding..does it really take 3-4hrs a wheel? also where and what to get for resources? Wet sandng and use a sander? what for polishing? This would be my first time doing something like this..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm, start with wet sand 200,300,450,650,800,1000 1200 1500, 2000 and then buff and polish and it will shine like chrome
ya just how do you know when your done with each grit? and what motion do i sand it..circular? what..

·
Registered
437 Posts
it would be a lot easier with a sander but by hand will get the job done but your gonna be sore as hell, you local parts store will have everything you need

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so advanced auto or lowes..get all the grits for wet sanding..what kind of polish? u hve done this ahhvtec?

·
Registered
437 Posts
im old school ive done it all lol, but 3m metal/aluminum polish is the best get the kind in the white bottle. get it at o-rileys if you have one. make sure the paper is for metal and not wood lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im old school ive done it all lol, but 3m metal/aluminum polish is the best get the kind in the white bottle. get it at o-rileys if you have one. make sure the paper is for metal and not wood lol
lol okay and i wud have been the ass to get sanding for wood lol:pinch: i dont think i have o rileys..how about home depot?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay lol and that link says use mothers polish w.e that is.. and what motion shud I sand the wheel?

·
Registered
437 Posts
the motion dont mater it will all get buffed out but i like circles lol,.but mothers is fine to for the budget that 3m stuff is about 35 bucks a bottle

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did mine by hand and my fingers were about ready to fall off. and i used mothers mag and aluminum polish. took me 5 hrs for the first wheels...lol 3 more to go
omg geezes ff my life lol guess I got to do it..but thats why we have winter time to catch up on maintenance for summer..whats mothers mag?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts