Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some years ago, I easily pulled my rear interior panel, (EJ), installed my new Polk speakers and then put everything back together. I was never able to get the last 2 push in clips lined up and in the stupid holes towards the back window. Over the years I've pulled it once or twice before and tried to re-install properly with no luck. It's always bothered me, especially since I am trying to replace any broken clips as of late in my 17 year old car....... before I pay someone to try and re-install it properly, I thought I would try and ask my Dseries friends if they know any tricks/tips.

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic EX
93 Posts
I've never had to remove one as I'm not a big audio head lol but I'd try a blow dryer (heat gun) it might help you get the clips to line up

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
now that you mention it, i dont remember if i was able t oget mine back in or not, now i have to check. I believe you have to push down and slide it in for the back clips tho.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now that you mention it, i dont remember if i was able t oget mine back in or not, now i have to check. I believe you have to push down and slide it in for the back clips tho.
So you didn't slide the clips on first then try to push them in the holes?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're not the only one lol, i was never able to get the last row.
Nice to know I'm not alone.... I need to get this done right so I can get the back windows re-tinted before I redo my interior. I don't want people crawling all over my new red seats :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts