Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So if I am not mistaken, a turbocharged SOHC civic would not be allowed in group 2, and it would get pushed into group 5 which has no limits on engine modifications and would prolly get smoked.

But, a j30 swapped civic would be allowed in group 2. It has a production engine from the OEM, its less than 3100 cubic centimeters and the only requirement is the civic would need to be 2500 lbs, shouldn't be difficult with the 200lb heavier engine, roll cage, and chassis reinforcements.

Am I mistaken? I think a V6 92-00 civic or 94+ Integra would be competitive in class 2

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,046 Posts
look at that rep already. should tell you something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What series are you referencing?
FIA, I was reading the rules for Rally America.

Basically, group 2 requirements are

3.0 displacement limit, with a 2,535 minimum weight (sliding scale for displacement and weight), naturally aspirated, and 2wd.

Group 5 displacement limit is 5.1, forced induction is allowed, but still 2wd

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Please go away.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So if I am not mistaken, a turbocharged SOHC civic would not be allowed in group 2, and it would get pushed into group 5 which has no limits on engine modifications and would prolly get smoked.

But, a j30 swapped civic would be allowed in group 2. It has a production engine from the OEM, its less than 3100 cubic centimeters and the only requirement is the civic would need to be 2500 lbs, shouldn't be difficult with the 200lb heavier engine, roll cage, and chassis reinforcements.

Am I mistaken? I think a V6 92-00 civic or 94+ Integra would be competitive in class 2
You will not make it in Rally America.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.