Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of doing dpfi-mpfi, wondering where i should ground the injectors? I have no idea lol

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no one will help me =(

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
The ECU(in the correct area of course). Grounding out the injectors will make them stay on(100% duty) whenever the car is on.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which pins do you ground them out to?

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really need help, rep if you help

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont hate
appreaciate

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
no offense dude, but if you are going to do a project like this you should have the resources required to do this conversion, ie pin out diagram for the ecu you are using, wiring diagram for the entire wiring harness, fuse box diagrams, sensor wiring diagrams, etc...

also no one is going to be able to answer your questions based on the information you have given, they would still need to know which ecu you are using and whatnot...

do a search for honda civic service manuals, they are free to download on the intawebz...searching and reading are going to be your friend in this endevor that you are doing, you'll learn alot more and have a lot less questions about this rather than us spoon feeding you all the answers...

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no offense dude, but if you are going to do a project like this you should have the resources required to do this conversion, ie pin out diagram for the ecu you are using, wiring diagram for the entire wiring harness, fuse box diagrams, sensor wiring diagrams, etc...

also no one is going to be able to answer your questions based on the information you have given, they would still need to know which ecu you are using and whatnot...

do a search for honda civic service manuals, they are free to download on the intawebz...searching and reading are going to be your friend in this endevor that you are doing, you'll learn alot more and have a lot less questions about this rather than us spoon feeding you all the answers...
First of all, i am using a p28 ecu. Second of all, dont think i havent searched.
No where on this diagram does it say anything about injector ground, it does say "ground" but the negative side on the clips is yellow/blk not brown.

Thanks but like i said, dont hate, appreaciate

*ty sleepingciv for diagram*

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
see this is information that you didn't have in the post to being with...
here is what you need to do:
1. figure out which is positive lead and negative lead wire on the injectore
2. take the negative wire to the proper pin out on the ecu, there should be 4 pin outs for the injectors, the pin out diagram for the p28 ecu will tell you this, if not you need to find one that will
3. run the wiring for this, and forget about the wire colorings, things could have gotten mixed up or whatever with the wiring so the wire might not color match perfectly

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, the left wire on the injector is the negative, which, in every case is yellow. Arent a1,a2,a3,a5 the positives? So where are the negatives?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
uh, i know enough about the p28 ecu or code alphanumeris...i'm just giving generic information and what i would do to go about fixing the problem if i had to do it myself...currently i have d16y8 with stock ecu, so i'm running obdII, i'll be switching over eventually and when i do i'll gather every diagram i can even if it doesn't deal directly with what i'm doing, the information and understanding i get with the car model in general the better diagnostics will be...

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
ok, the left wire on the injector is the negative, which, in every case is yellow. Arent a1,a2,a3,a5 the positives? So where are the negatives?

Backwards buddy. Yellow is positive; you can hook it up to any 12v switched power source. If you have OBD0 injectors, you'll need to add a resistor box to the yellow wires. The ECU controls the injectors by grounding them; A1, A2, A3, and A5 would be negative.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Backwards buddy. Yellow is positive; you can hook it up to any 12v switched power source. If you have OBD0 injectors, you'll need to add a resistor box to the yellow wires. The ECU controls the injectors by grounding them; A1, A2, A3, and A5 would be negative.
Ding ding ding, this is exactly what i needed. So i could hook up the yellow to any power source that is on when my key is on right? So like my stereo?

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts