Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, the car was dropped on it's nuts bad, Attempted to bring it up as high as I can, and the car is still way too low, in fact now that I have 15" tires on my car, I can't even get out of the drive way without horrible rubbing.

Would taller springs help out?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,174 Posts
shocks could be blown if youre running oem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running the Ground Control shocks,

The car is a 97 Civic Coupe EX.

Xile6, I emailed you with pictures as I cannot post pictures with such few posts, I am still a N00b.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong but isnt the coil upside down?
Smooth parts should be on the bottom to stop the coil from cracking and ring from sliding all the way off .

His pix

Also isnt the back and front mixed up?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,174 Posts
are those koni yellows? if so, the perches are adjustable as well. there should be 3 settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pic with both coils are before I swapped the swings around. The 200.64.67 is in the front now.

Ground control with eibach springs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe they're Koni yellow, I don't know much about coilovers and this was just what was on my car and I'm just trying to make it work. I'll look around for a guide about the perched

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Would making the shock stiffer increase the ride height?
No. Shocks are for rebounce. Spring is your height.
I still believe its installed wrong somewhere.
And you said you have the smooth side on the bottom?
And the bigger smooth side in the front?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Something is wrong. Either those are for a different car, or those sleeves were cut down.

Here is what mine look like

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't seem to find anything besides the fact that mine are just from a lowering kit. My spring is 7" long and I'm going to be getting one that is 11" today so we'll see how it goes

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Your rear lower spring perches are upside down. There are grooves on the strut where the snap ring/c clip go for the lower perch to sit on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts