Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car, the car was dropped on it's nuts bad, Attempted to bring it up as high as I can, and the car is still way too low, in fact now that I have 15" tires on my car, I can't even get out of the drive way without horrible rubbing.

Would taller springs help out?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
shocks could be blown if youre running oem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running the Ground Control shocks,

The car is a 97 Civic Coupe EX.

Xile6, I emailed you with pictures as I cannot post pictures with such few posts, I am still a N00b.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
are those koni yellows? if so, the perches are adjustable as well. there should be 3 settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pic with both coils are before I swapped the swings around. The 200.64.67 is in the front now.

Ground control with eibach springs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe they're Koni yellow, I don't know much about coilovers and this was just what was on my car and I'm just trying to make it work. I'll look around for a guide about the perched

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Would making the shock stiffer increase the ride height?
No. Shocks are for rebounce. Spring is your height.
I still believe its installed wrong somewhere.
And you said you have the smooth side on the bottom?
And the bigger smooth side in the front?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Something is wrong. Either those are for a different car, or those sleeves were cut down.

Here is what mine look like

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't seem to find anything besides the fact that mine are just from a lowering kit. My spring is 7" long and I'm going to be getting one that is 11" today so we'll see how it goes

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Your rear lower spring perches are upside down. There are grooves on the strut where the snap ring/c clip go for the lower perch to sit on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts