Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm Grizzly and I'm new here. I have a 98 Civic Ex with a d16y7/y8 mini me swap. I don't have a lot of experience with Honda's at all and only have the swap I have out of necessity at the time.

Was going through a divorce so I needed a cheap gas saver for work so I picked up this civic that had a rebuilt motor, the next morning it had a connecting rod failure which blew out both block sides of the #1 cylinder wall. I picked up what was suppose to be a y8 at a local junkyard and due to my inexperience with Honda motors I couldn't tell it was only a y7. Did some quick searching and found out about mini me swaps so I fixed the bent valves in my vtech head and slapped it on.

Car has been running great for 2 years now and I'm stable financially from the divorce again so I figured it's time to show the old beater some love and I really miss tinkering on cars.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Have any pictures of the car?
I had a red 98 coupe that was sold to a kid in KC who sold it to a buddy who sold it again.
I have been trying to track the car back down again hoping to find it one day.

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
DSO-The new craigslist missed connections?

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have any pictures of the car?
I had a red 98 coupe that was sold to a kid in KC who sold it to a buddy who sold it again.
I have been trying to track the car back down again hoping to find it one day.
Sorry to say but it's a green coupe. No pics yet nothing really to show off lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Okay never mind don't care anymore

Naw whats your goals?
And Welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay never mind don't care anymore

Naw whats your goals?
And Welcome
Thanks, well I need to get my suspension in order first, replacing a lot of worn parts. New bushings, and a new stearing rack.

After that I haven't decided fully between building a b20 vtech or rebuilding my mini me. It will still be a daily and hoping to get around 200hp for fun little car.

It has potential and I just want to fiddle on something and make it nicer.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you want to daily, NA, and 200hp you need to go "B"

·
Registered
976 Posts
125-150 Depending on parts used and tuning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts