Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the car back today with the gripforce racing stage 1 clutch. So far it's really nice, no real increase in strain to move the pedal(I know it's a stage 1). I'll get back with an update after the break in period. Also Honda MTF is the greatest thing ever, the tranny is so much smoother.:thehump:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's still honlding up to the regular beating i give, only regret is I wish I had gone with the stage 2 with a light flywheel.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
i have the gripforce stg 1 clutch and a 12lb flywheel. Installed it b4 winter and dont really drive the car in the winter so it hasnt been broken it yet,but the times i have driven it i cant complain at all

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about 12 months into my GF clutch and 11-pound FW, with 5 months of that being boosted. No issues, great clutch.
I'm at 12 months now too, I hate the damn thing. It slips, cheap clutch. When I'm on the interstate and I get on it, is slips going into the next gear. Oh well, act stage 3 sprung 6 puck with 10lbs flywheel hopefully getting installed sat. hahahahahaha

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Grip force = ebay clutch?

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
At first i thought it was an ebay clutch,but i needed a new clutch and wasnt going to spend 150 for a stock clutch from napa and didnt want to spend 400 for a stage 3 clutch. I thought that would be a little ovr the top for a car that wasnt turbored or ne thing. So i went on online and found the clutch and flywheel for 220. I figured it couldnt hurt and couldnt be no worse then a stock one,got the set and have no problems with it what so ever

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i have a stage 3 cluth from them n at 7 psi is slipping nasty

Reactions: juanp1031

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
are u talking to prints or me

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
printz like i "quoted"
nothing major, just bolt ons right now. Intake, header, 2.5 back, 60mm tb. My turbo and mani are sitting on my garage floor waiting for some more parts so I can install it. I know it's silly to use the act 6 puck on a bolt on only engine, I'm just putting it on in preparation for the turbo.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
so it seems like alot of us have gripforce. It maybe safe to say FOR THE MONEY its not a bad clutch to have and is better then stock,but when when extreme upgrades are added it should be swapped out. All in favor Yay or Nay. I know when i boost my car and retire it from being a daily driver i will swap it out for a more expensive name brand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts