Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a budget turbo build and I just picked up a $30 Greddy log style turbo manifold. The interior of the runners and the area where the runners meet at the flange look really rough. I was wondering if grinding or polishing the interior would lead to any gains on power/efficiency. I tried searching but I only come up with threads about polishing the exterior lol go figure :pinch:

Your help is greatly appreciated!

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
I too did a port job on mine when I first got it.

Take your time and only remove the rough casting. Also try to smooth out the collector.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
look into acid porting, it works great on cast iron stuff and it's fairly easy

I've been meaning to do it with my greddy manifold and elbow, but laziness rules me

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If your timid about the porting try a flapper wheel to start.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Greddy #4 runner is REALLY choked off.

The same person for made the FLP shifter spent at least 15 hours porting his and even then #4 was still a choke point. The other three he mostly just cleaned up with cross buff pads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greddy #4 runner is REALLY choked off.

The same person for made the FLP shifter spent at least 15 hours porting his and even then #4 was still a choke point. The other three he mostly just cleaned up with cross buff pads.
Thank you for the tip. It's a good thing I got more time then money :p I'll look into the buff pads and flappy wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Make sure you use a mask when grinding cast iron stuff sucks to work on I hardly ever touch it anymore but those manifolds could use a good clean up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts