Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought some valve springs that have green paint on them, the seller claims they are bisimoto. do different companies have different colors painted on valve springs?

·
Registered
FlintBlack'89 CRX Si
14 Posts
The paint is a valve spring color code, used to identify intake from exhaust springs.

Im new to Dseries engines, so I cant tell you what the colors mean.. But that is great point to contact Bisi for their product info.

·
Registered
138 Posts
^Ask the seller for a receipt. If he doesn't have one contact Bisi and see if he can give you any insight on how to ID his springs.
^^Thats about the best thing you can do. I wouldn't wanna pay a higher price for painted stock valve springs lol.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I would test them for tension as well. No point in paying more for springs that are no better than stock.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Also, if you have a stock spring laying around to take with you, you can compare the two. Youll definitely notice a difference in diameter or thickness of the coil, coil spacing, etc.

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks everybody Ok compared both and there is a big difference. As in they look a lot stronger. But they are the correct ones the a6. Just wondering if they really were bisi brand

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
My TP was white until I wiped, then it was green,

The next time I wiped, the white TP turned red.

Don't touch my TP!

·
Registered
89 Civic Si
254 Posts
bought some valve springs that have green paint on them, the seller claims they are bisimoto. do different companies have different colors painted on valve springs?
yes! different companies have different colors painted on valve springs.

·
Registered
89 Civic Si
254 Posts
The paint is a valve spring color code, used to identify intake from exhaust springs.
Im new to Dseries engines, so I cant tell you what the colors mean.. But that is great point to contact Bisi for their product info.
the painted part have to be placed toward the cylinder head, that's all about.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The ITR valve springs I bought for my GS-R motor had a little spot of green paint on them as well. Not sure if it's just a stock thing or not, but they were straight out of my buddies 00 ITR.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Different manufacturers including OEMs use colours to identify their different springs, but different manufacturers may use the same colour as each other. No one owns a colour. Colour does not prove what a certain spring is, but it does make it easier to keep then in sets in your shop.

Does Bisi give a spec for tension at specified installed heights, free length, spring rate or coil bind. If so, test these springs against his spec.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts